No speaker Specs, how do you determine enclosure requirements?

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
I have this small 6 1/2" sub that was used in a home theater, that was given to me, and I have no specs on it whatsoever.

I want to use it in a sub reinforcement in my home theater too, but I have looked everywhere online and cannot find any information on it.

It's a nice sub, built very solid, and has the perfect power rating and impedance for my current home theater receiver. 175 watts and 4 ohm impedance.

Is there a way to determine a good enclosure, or is an enclosure impossible without specs?

Could turn out to be fun... Hell you know you will learn even more then u already know so its time well spent...

Yep, I guess you're right. Plus I can use all the small scraps of wood I have been collecting over the years of building big enclosures. I will probably start off building a couple small sealed boxes.

Any good starting points on sealed enclosure size? I was thinking of .5 cubes and go up from there.

Yep, I am trying to think of a good way to waste the least amount of wood, but still be able to find out the proper box. Here is a couple of pics for anybody that might recognize what this sub needs:

hometheatersub017.jpg

hometheatersub016.jpg

hometheatersub015.jpg

hometheatersub014.jpg

This is a shirt I won in a contest with DC Creations!! Thanks @pro\-rabbit ; !!
hometheatersub013.jpg

If anybody finds any info, please let me know, I will probably try to get an enclosure built tomorrow sometime. I will post up all the info I used (as always,lol) that way I might be able to help somebody with my trial and error too!!

I have thought about doing it this way:

boxes.jpg

Just make a rectangular cube (y-axis a lot longer) and just remove the back panel and trim all the sides down an inch or two at a time and just screw the rear panel back on. Only problem i can see with this, is it will waste a lot of wood.

Shirt looks good, glad it went to a good home.

As for the enclosure, I would think something around .3-.6 net should be just fine. Just tune real low for hone theater applications.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.