No sound from rears or sub after replacing factory head unit only

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cwrhyne

CarAudio.com Newbie
Us
I have a 2011 Yukon XL slt with the factory Bose system that has rear overhead dvd and rear radio mounted on the back of the center console as well. All stock. We wanted A better navigation and android auto head unit. We talked to Crutched ordered an Alpine ilx w650. I paid the extra 25 bucks for them to wire everything and bought the harness with the most features. I wanted it just plug and play. Install was easy enough but I have no sound from my sub or my rear door speakers. I called Crutchfield and talked to 3 different techs and they cannot figure out what is going on. They seem to think it has something to do with the rear radio but nothing has worked. I figure between Chevy and GMC they have built about 200000 of these vehicles and at least 1 has changed out the head unit and it worked.

They had me swap the brown and black plugs in the harness and when I did I had 'noise' from the rear speakers but then I lost my rear camera. So it was hooked up right to begin with. I'm at a loss here and so are they.
There is also a yellow plug that isn't used on harness I bought but is used on the factory head unit.
Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...