No more good single Din headunits???

Why is it over the top?? It's completely true. LOL. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A HIGH END PIONEER!! LOL. Best offering i have heard from them is a mid level premier deck. Now i have heard some bad *** alpines , eclipses , ES , and older clarion's that would **** in every pioneers "that i have heard" cornflakes.
If you didn't like the mid-level Premier decks, I'm not sure then. I was a pretty big fan of the late 90's/early 2000's premier line, great CD players (don't skip, sound excellent). The tuners were especially good for weak signals, etc. You really don't have to get into the ~$1100 Stage-4 systems, but I was using it as an example against your Alpine/Eclipse/Clarion EsssQue claim. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Its cool though, I'm not biased to any brands...except older soundstream. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner. HUGE difference between the regular pioneer and the ODR/Stage 4 products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yes, but he said ANY Pioneer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I found a couple Eclipse 7200's on ebay.. they are going for about 350+ used! My 9835 is solid so I am good. I wish someoen still made atleast one good high end unit in the 500-600$ range that can do 3way active.
You can find an old school Clarion 9255 for that price or even a Panasonic bottle head if you look in the right place.

I love how everyone hates Pioneer because of the Pico fuse except its their own fault if they blow it.

I bought one of the better Alpine HUs out there and it's still not even close to my old 9813 in features... so if you are looking for feature laden head-units good luck; seems that anything besides the $1k Alpine and Pioneer units are stripped.

Its a conspiracy.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Alpine is trying to force its customers to buy the $1K units if they want features. In a down economy, they are just shooting themselves in the foot. If anything, at least its making the old units hold their resale value.

I really like my x991 it's a ****** deck..

Despot no having the tweeter mid and sub band pass xover it's one of the best sounding units ive ever heard..

It's was 800 back in 2007..

Dual 24 bit DACs ( front and rear)and a 16 bit for the sub

4 band eq front and 4 band for the rear with a variable q and sound shaping options the get perfect phase I don't care where your speakers are placed..

Individual TA front fl/fr/rl/rr/sw then you have a TA for distance of the front to ears rear to ears and sub to ears to help phase from different elevations/plains..

It sounded much cleaner than the prs 880 and 9887..

I really like my x991 it's a ****** deck..Despot no having the tweeter mid and sub band pass xover it's one of the best sounding units ive ever heard..

It's was 800 back in 2007..

Dual 24 bit DACs ( front and rear)and a 16 bit for the sub

4 band eq front and 4 band for the rear with a variable q and sound shaping options the get perfect phase I don't care where your speakers are placed..

Individual TA front fl/fr/rl/rr/sw then you have a TA for distance of the front to ears rear to ears and sub to ears to help phase from different elevations/plains..

It sounded much cleaner than the prs 880 and 9887..
Your the first person Ive ever seen compare a Kenwood to the PRS800/PRS880 and the 9887. Heck even the Eclipse CD7100 has a hard time keeping up with those two.

I listed to all 3 on the focal krx and a jl slash powering them and the pioneer outright sounded dull the alpine was nice but it sounded muddy in the midrange the kewpie sounded brite at times but the definition was better..

Well my 9835 is up for sale.. picked up a DRZ9255.. Also noticed Pioneer has the 80prs coming out which looks like a nice option. Glad to see someone coming out with an active unit again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.