When looking into a head unit...

Jomodeere93

So I have decided that towards the end of March I am gonna buy a new head unit for my truck. My plans are to piece together my system as I get the money. After the HU i plan on getting a sub just for some added bass.

My question is for about $150 what HU should I be looking towards getting?

It will have to have either a usb port, aux port or both so I can use my iPod and play some CD's

I am open to all suggestions!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Features are gonna be up to you, but I'd make sure you have 4-5V pre-outs (3 sets of them, for future amp expansion), and it makes sense to get one with a built-in HD tuner if you are thinking of wanting that, they're pretty common nowadays. I've been happy with the sound quality of both my Kenwood KDC-X790 in my WJ, and the JVC KD-HDR70 in my SRT-4. The WJ has the amps, the SRT-4 doesn't yet. Only downside of the JVC is it only has 2.5v pre-outs, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me, as future amps were still not certain. I've been fairly happy with HD Radio in my area, the sound quality difference is significant, and if you're in an area close to the transmitters, it's pretty **** stable.

Pioneer DEH-6400BT CD Receiver -- just bought this for my wife. It doesn't have the best in terms of EQ, but has sub control and some pretty rad features, like BT and autoconnect, plus you can build on it.

JVC makes some nice decks with 4v pre-outs for 150 or so. Does quite a bit of stuff, even BT added and HD.

I personally love my new Pioneer DEH-9400BH, but it is going for 200 most places. Does everything I need it to do....ande seemingly more, lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.