No audio out of stock speakers when sub is on?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isaac2000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I have a 2006 Honda Civic, running a Boss R110m amp with 2 8ohm subs in series, using a PAC-SNI 35 LOC, with stock head unit. I have the amp powered getting the remote turn on wire from a fuse in the fuse box, and I will be hooking it up to the proper wire soon, but for now it powers on, and runs the subs fine. I have the LOC tapped off the left rear speaker. The problem is:

When the subs are on, the stock speakers do not play, the stock speakers only stop working when the amp is on, and the LOC is tapped into rear speaker, if the tap is unplugged, the stock speakers play again.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I am confused because the LOC should not affect the stock stereo at all, as the only point it is connected to the stereo is through the rear speaker tap.

Any ideas? I have a feeling it may be part of the grounding. I have it grounded with a large bolt on a box (amp?) next to the rear deck speakers, however, it is not soldered. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you for the link, that's what I did, wired the LOC to both left and right positive as well as left and right negative to the left speaker, I will try to wire it to the separate left and right speakers.

To clarify I added a sub to a stock setup, but the speakers don't work with the sub wired in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.