From AGM to Lithium - Help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mariusgt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Norway
Hello everyone, I'm considering going over to Lithium as it seems like the new hot thing.

I currently have a Delkor 55Ah in the front as a start battery, and a 95Ah AGM battery in the back. Stock alternator and Big 3 upgrade. On music (full tilt) I drop to 12.5v~ at idle, and while driving I manage to stay over 13v. My gains were set with the SMD DD-1 using a -5db test tone. :)

These are the cells I'm buying (6 pieces): https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.4a137a60VvvBUt&s=p

My friend bought 12 of these and I was impressed with the results on a stock alternator.

So I'm basically wondering;

Will this be a big improvement over my 55Ah acid in the front, and 95Ah in the back vs the 40Ah bank of YinLong lithium?

My amplifier (Hertz HP 6001) does 5000W at 1%THD according to the spec sheet.

It would be nice to get my batteries replaced with Lithium, but I don't know if it's gonna be a big difference or not. So what is your guys opinion?

Yinlongs are fantastic. But what is your alternators charging voltage? 4-5k per 40ah bank is what most say.

I currently have a stock alternator, that charges at 14.4 - 14.5v while driving, at idle it's at 14.3, and startup 14.7v (goes down quickly).

I should probably get a new alternator, but money is a bit tight now. The final step for this car will be a small bank of Lithium I think. :)

EDIT: It is a 90 amp alternator according to my friend. Car is a Hyundai Getz 2004.

Last edited:
Yes. You also want around 15.5 alternator charge voltage. You want Lifepo4 if you are going to keep a low charging voltage.

If you are on Facebook join the "Yinlong Only" group.

Yes. You also want around 15.5 alternator charge voltage. You want Lifepo4 if you are going to keep a low charging voltage.

If you are on Facebook join the "Yinlong Only" group.

I haven't done any research on those cells, but they are probably more expensive and worse than YinLong? I think I'll take my chances on a 40Ah bank. I can always charge it with a dedicated lithium charger if needed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.