Next forum bonor?

Ok but that's just your experience with DC. That's not facts.. I have had problems with DD subs "spiders separating" and had to send my pair back 2 separate times due to failures... Even after all that I would never trash DD cause they make quality products I just happen to get some bad stuff.
The difference is that DC has widespread problems. I've heard MANY reports of soft part failure.

Sundown was not cheap and it was a boner. The amps cost more than others and the SA was the same price as every other China 1000 watt sub. But it was so cool to run Sundown.
Dang... we aren't a boner anymore ? *laughs*

Almost kind of miss that being said for like 6-7 years on a daily basis //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am sure you can still find plenty of people who will throw out "boner" next to Sundown, haha. But either way -- boner or not we are doing fine over here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Dang... we aren't a boner anymore ? *laughs*
Almost kind of miss that being said for like 6-7 years on a daily basis //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am sure you can still find plenty of people who will throw out "boner" next to Sundown, haha. But either way -- boner or not we are doing fine over here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Don't sweat it pal.. Give it two weeks and sundown will be back in every post. Just please don't go to sonic electronix.

Leave DC alone. The subs are nothing but problems I doubt you want. They like small boxes because the soft parts are to weak to like a efficient box. You have to put A LOT of power to them and by then they are smelling. And I don't know what DC is using but they smell different. This is coming from someone that spent two years on the team btw.
...... i know there softparts are not the best, but thats where good recones into play. Also i like subs that like smaller boxes. I dont want a sub that requires me to have 7-9 cubes.... i like to save some space in my hatch

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

It says 5.5cf for a 18
i gots the XL-18 today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

...... i know there softparts are not the best, but thats where good recones into play. Also i like subs that like smaller boxes. I dont want a sub that requires me to have 7-9 cubes.... i like to save some space in my hatch 

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

i gots the XL-18 today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
You are sacrificing efficiency with the small box and you have to make up for it in power. It's a trade off.

Got any evidence of the things you are saying?? I dnt run DC nor do I plan too but if your gonna drag them threw mud then you gotta have some facts... Without that its just your opinion and well that's worth s hit..
dont worry im not paying much attention to what he has to say. i know DC makes good stuff, yea there points that need improvements but all company's have that. Every company has room for improvements. I have teammates that run DC subs and yea have had problems with recones, BUT DC has replaced them everytime the recone was faulty.

What do you think they sourced different parts? Nothing is free. If you want a small box sub it's not going to be efficient. If it can't handle 2 cubes to make up for it without jumping the gap its a problem.
ok so i have 1 teammate who runs 6 xl 18s in 24 cubes(4 cubes net per sub) in a 6th order on a Flatline 8K(not sure where he is wired i think .5ohm daily) in his Merc Mountaineer, he has never had this issue with his. He had issues getting bad recones from DC but they always replaced them if they were bad out of factory. So his enclosure setup is on the smaller side for XL 18s

Another teammate runs his 2 XL 18s in i think 15 cubes net with a 2 AB 500.1s strapped @ 1ohm(.5 ea) and never had this issue, but he blew alot recones due to overpowering his subs. But other then that nothing. His enclosure is on the Larger side for XL 18s

Another runs 6 XL 12's in a 12 cube 6th order(2 cubes net per) on 2 CT Sounds 7k's strapped at 1ohm(.5ea) and he has been running them that way since i met him(like 4yrs ago i think). He had 2 500.1s on them before. But anyway he has not had any problems at all, and his is 2 cubes per sub.

So i guess its just kind depends

So you say they make good stuff then you say all your team has problems with them?
The M2 stuff is were they have problems. The M1's they didnt have issues. DC changes alot of stuff on the M2's. Currently they are not having issues and havnt been for a while now. Again though these were only recone issues, not spider issues or gap jumping issues.

The Xl i have i got is a M1 with a Stock M1 recone in it. If it blows(which i dout it will because im not running much power to it) i would just get a custom one built.

****edit- They have M1 motored subs

I will say this about DC. Rusty and Rob are two of the coolest people you will ever meet. Rusty stayed late at work so a few of us could drive out to Reno to demo the van and tour the shop. He was going to keep my team contract even though I was going to be deployed and couldn't fulfill it. The amps are solid also.

I will also say I gained a full db across the board when I dropped the 95s in over the XL m2s. Same tuning and it peaked at 36 instead of 50hz. They never got the same cooking smell and never had the same neck joint and catching on fire issues.

He did recone 2 of the 3 issues for free but I still had to pay shipping a 60 pound sub across the country. Our local dealer dropped them because of all the recone issues.

I will say this about DC. Rusty and Rob are two of the coolest people you will ever meet. Rusty stayed late at work so a few of us could drive out to Reno to demo the van and tour the shop. He was going to keep my team contract even though I was going to be deployed and couldn't fulfill it. The amps are solid also. I will also say I gained a full db across the board when I dropped the 95s in over the XL m2s. Same tuning and it peaked at 36 instead of 50hz. They never got the same cooking smell and never had the same neck joint and catching on fire issues.

He did recone 2 of the 3 issues for free but I still had to pay shipping a 60 pound sub across the country. Our local dealer dropped them because of all the recone issues.
hm.... they always told them to just cut it out and send the cone itself for them to inspect then sent out a new one to them. They never shipped a sub to them. They took pics and sent it to them and then removed the recone as cleanly as possible(just cut the surround) and pull it out. but idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.