Next forum bonor?

I like that trade too. The xl should be a 3000 watt sub pretty easy. Rated at 2200, 3 inch coil.
yea im just going to keep my one shark on it for now. Run it at 2 ohms i guess daily and drop it to .5 for burps at comps(Iasca). i think ill invest in some fans..... lol

ive never ran a XL18, have any idea about the box specs for one? Do they like alot of port? anything? lol
Naw I'm not sure on what kinda boxes or ports they like except what's on DCs website. Looks like they like small boxes compared to other subs. I just heard 1 in a s10 blazer at a local shop that sells DC about a week ago, it was dam loud.

Naw I'm not sure on what kinda boxes or ports they like except what's on DCs website. Looks like they like small boxes compared to other subs. I just heard 1 in a s10 blazer at a local shop that sells DC about a week ago, it was dam loud.
like how small? i cant look at dc website because im at work and its blocked for some reason lol

Leave DC alone. The subs are nothing but problems I doubt you want. They like small boxes because the soft parts are to weak to like a efficient box. You have to put A LOT of power to them and by then they are smelling. And I don't know what DC is using but they smell different.

This is coming from someone that spent two years on the team btw.

Leave DC alone. The subs are nothing but problems I doubt you want. They like small boxes because the soft parts are to weak to like a efficient box. You have to put A LOT of power to them and by then they are smelling. And I don't know what DC is using but they smell different. This is coming from someone that spent two years on the team btw.
Got any evidence of the things you are saying?? I dnt run DC nor do I plan too but if your gonna drag them threw mud then you gotta have some facts... Without that its just your opinion and well that's worth s hit..

The Ethos, DSS’s first product, was designed with two goals in mind. Tight articulate bass and the ability to work in small vented enclosures.
A stiff high pressure kraft fiber reinforced cone with a multi-layer foam surround is used to accommodate the 32,5mm of one way xmax. To handle the 1,800 watts of recommended power necessary to push the cone to xmax a rugged 3 inch 4 layer flat aluminum wire coil wrapped on a black anodized aluminum former is used. To ensure music is tight and articulate four eight inch true progressive spiders are utilized along with a FEA optimized 50 pound motor structure.

FEATURES

1,800 WATT RMS RATED

TRIPPLE STACK 8.6 INCH OD MOTOR STRUCTURE WITH BLACK CHROME FINISH

FOUR PROGRESSIVE SPIDERS WITH WOVEN TENSIL LEADS

NICKEL PLATED PUSH TERMINALS

HIGH PRESSURE KRAFT FIBER REINFORCED CONE

MULTILAYER FOAM SURROUND

WRAP AROUND RUBBER GASKET

3 INCH 4 LAYER FLAT ALUMINUM COIL ON BLACK ANADIZED ALUMINUM FORMER

DUAL 1 OR 2 NOMINAL IMPEDANCE VOICE COILS

SATIN BLACK CAST ALUMINUM BASKET

T/S PARAMETERS

Re 3 ohms

Le 2.94

Qms 6.19

Qes .845

Qts .74

Fs 23.75 hz

Mms 448.6 grams

Cms .1 mm/N

BL 21.43 t/m

Vas 181.85 liters

SPL 88.26 1m/1w

Xmax 32.5 mm

Power 1,800 Watts

NOTE: All parameters were extrapolated via a Klippel analyzer using LPM and LSI measurements. The recommended power rating is not a max input power rating. It is the necessary power needed to drive the subwoofer to 32.5mm xmax in a ported enclosure TBA cubic feet tuned to 32 hertz. This rating will vary depending on enclosure size and tuning.

Klippel results extrapolated from production samples and may vary without notice. Klippel testing was performed by Redrock Acoustics.

ENCLOSURE RECOMMENDATIONS

Sealed Volume: TBA System: Q .71

Ported Volume: 5 cft

Tuning: 30 hz

Port Area: TBA

Ripple: 6db

F3:25.75 hz

NOTE: All volumes are net and do not include port or subwoofer displacement. Enclosures are recommendations only and can be adjusted per the customer’s desired system response. Recommended enclosures do not consider transfer function

Forum boner indeed, planning on selling my 15s and do a pair of 18s and these look like the perfect candidate

Got any evidence of the things you are saying?? I dnt run DC nor do I plan too but if your gonna drag them threw mud then you gotta have some facts... Without that its just your opinion and well that's worth s hit..
I have the recipts for four shipping payments sending them back to Reno. One nobody knew why it made a flappy sound(lvl 4),one broken neck joint when I tried to go 2 cubes for a 12, one caught fire. The last two where XL m2s. I'm pretty sure I posted when it happened on here with pictures.

I have the recipts for four shipping payments sending them back to Reno. One nobody knew why it made a flappy sound(lvl 4),one broken neck joint when I tried to go 2 cubes for a 12, one caught fire. The last two where XL m2s. I'm pretty sure I posted when it happened on here with pictures.
Ok but that's just your experience with DC. That's not facts.. I have had problems with DD subs "spiders separating" and had to send my pair back 2 separate times due to failures... Even after all that I would never trash DD cause they make quality products I just happen to get some bad stuff.

Ok but that's just your experience with DC. That's not facts.. I have had problems with DD subs "spiders separating" and had to send my pair back 2 separate times due to failures... Even after all that I would never trash DD cause they make quality products I just happen to get some bad stuff.
It wasn't just me. Go back to around 2012 and see all the negative post about DCs weak soft parts.

It wasn't just me. Go back to around 2012 and see all the negative post about DCs weak soft parts.
Bro its 2014.... U talking about issues that came about 2+years ago.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

Bro its 2014.... U talking about issues that came about 2+years ago.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif
What do you think they sourced different parts? Nothing is free. If you want a small box sub it's not going to be efficient. If it can't handle 2 cubes to make up for it without jumping the gap its a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.