Next forum bonor?

anyone who comes here and is active in the classifieds is not here to look for the expensive brands like dd or JL which is why most do not recommend them.
Online forums for car audio is mainly for people looking to buy used cheap stuff because they cant afford the new stuff.

Im not saying all, but most do or else everyone would find the local genius and learn from them and not a forum.
if i see someone new, i usually ask for budget and go from there if they are asking for recommendation's.

The Ethos, DSS’s first product, was designed with two goals in mind. Tight articulate bass and the ability to work in small vented enclosures.

A stiff high pressure kraft fiber reinforced cone with a multi-layer foam surround is used to accommodate the 32,5mm of one way xmax. To handle the 1,800 watts of recommended power necessary to push the cone to xmax a rugged 3 inch 4 layer flat aluminum wire coil wrapped on a black anodized aluminum former is used. To ensure music is tight and articulate four eight inch true progressive spiders are utilized along with a FEA optimized 50 pound motor structure.

FEATURES

1,800 WATT RMS RATED

TRIPPLE STACK 8.6 INCH OD MOTOR STRUCTURE WITH BLACK CHROME FINISH

FOUR PROGRESSIVE SPIDERS WITH WOVEN TENSIL LEADS

NICKEL PLATED PUSH TERMINALS

HIGH PRESSURE KRAFT FIBER REINFORCED CONE

MULTILAYER FOAM SURROUND

WRAP AROUND RUBBER GASKET

3 INCH 4 LAYER FLAT ALUMINUM COIL ON BLACK ANADIZED ALUMINUM FORMER

DUAL 1 OR 2 NOMINAL IMPEDANCE VOICE COILS

SATIN BLACK CAST ALUMINUM BASKET

T/S PARAMETERS

Re 3 ohms

Le 2.94

Qms 6.19

Qes .845

Qts .74

Fs 23.75 hz

Mms 448.6 grams

Cms .1 mm/N

BL 21.43 t/m

Vas 181.85 liters

SPL 88.26 1m/1w

Xmax 32.5 mm

Power 1,800 Watts

NOTE: All parameters were extrapolated via a Klippel analyzer using LPM and LSI measurements. The recommended power rating is not a max input power rating. It is the necessary power needed to drive the subwoofer to 32.5mm xmax in a ported enclosure TBA cubic feet tuned to 32 hertz. This rating will vary depending on enclosure size and tuning.

Klippel results extrapolated from production samples and may vary without notice. Klippel testing was performed by Redrock Acoustics.

ENCLOSURE RECOMMENDATIONS

Sealed Volume: TBA System: Q .71

Ported Volume: 5 cft

Tuning: 30 hz

Port Area: TBA

Ripple: 6db

F3:25.75 hz

NOTE: All volumes are net and do not include port or subwoofer displacement. Enclosures are recommendations only and can be adjusted per the customer’s desired system response. Recommended enclosures do not consider transfer function

sorry yea i was being serious, i went and google it after i asked(my apologies again), but for what ever reason it didnt look like much pulled up. But yes i was asking a legit question. ive just never heard the name. I was looking at stuff on ebay the other day seen something that said DSS i believe but i didnt pay it any mind until i seen it mention in this thread

sorry yea i was being serious, i went and google it after i asked(my apologies again), but for what ever reason it didnt look like much pulled up. But yes i was asking a legit question. ive just never heard the name. I was looking at stuff on ebay the other day seen something that said DSS i believe but i didnt pay it any mind until i seen it mention in this thread
Hard to tell just reading sometimes. Lol They look like pretty solid subs. Looks can be deceiving though. If I had some extra cash layin around I'd preorder a couple myself.

Hard to tell just reading sometimes. Lol They look like pretty solid subs. Looks can be deceiving though. If I had some extra cash layin around I'd preorder a couple myself.
yea if i had the money i wouldnt mind giving a 18" try. I would like to have a decent single 18 instead of my 15's. Nothing rong with them, just like single subs better. Also have always had better luck with them

yea if i had the money i wouldnt mind giving a 18" try. I would like to have a decent single 18 instead of my 15's. Nothing rong with them, just like single subs better. Also have always had better luck with them
Aren't you getting that 9518? Or did it fall through?

Aren't you getting that 9518? Or did it fall through?
idk what the dude is doing so i guess im not getting it. He stopped responding idk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

so now im working on possibly trying to sell or trade them. I dont mind keeping them though, they bang for what they are

idk what the dude is doing so i guess im not getting it. He stopped responding idk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
so now im working on possibly trying to sell or trade them. I dont mind keeping them though, they bang for what they are
Shittty. Guess he finally realized what he had. Lol

If your interest in those ethos i have someone who is selling some with little to no play time and still stiff. 2 etho 12's i think they are for 250$ each.

If your interest in those ethos i have someone who is selling some with little to no play time and still stiff. 2 etho 12's i think they are for 250$ each.
id rather have a single 18....

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Shittty. Guess he finally realized what he had. Lol
thats what im guessing lol... he could have just told me that tho instead of leaving me in the dark lol

But i have a guy here locally that i think said he would trade me a DC XL 18 for them, which i still think is a good sub as well. What do you think?
I like that trade too. The xl should be a 3000 watt sub pretty easy. Rated at 2200, 3 inch coil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.