I'm going to pull my freaking hair out

Participant count
  • Participant list

57hemi

Texas
Jesus Mary and joesoph! I read and reread and I am more confused now what to buy than I was before.

This is what I want

I go on road trips pretty often and I watch movies(explosions and gun fights blah blah)

5.1 surround or a center channel I was thinking a bit1 but no 5.1 so ms8?

I want it to slam and move **** it the car listening to music music I like dub step, raggae like Damian Marley, rap like lil Wayne and cypress hill, rock like nin, counting crows, korn, Metallica, sublime. I don't know what decaf is and pandora doesn't have a station for it

Sub needs to be loud and pretty accurate

What I have(short list)

Dc 7.5k...willing to sell

Mechman 320A alt

25ft 4/0 welding cable for main

20ft 1/0 wire for batteries, big 3 and amps

4 xs3400 and 1xs3100

Dimensions.....bottom width 43",bottom depth 22.5", top w 51", top d 15", height front 18", height rear 20.5

What I'm looking at buying in the next week

Subs need to be 500-700 a piece ish

3 12"subs like nightshade 12v4 (huge surround and extra Xmax) or 3zcons or dc lvl xl

Or 2 15" evils, dc xls night shades same subs basically as 12"

Rear door speakers 8"midbass speakers like tang bangs with tweeter off a 2 channel

Front I've always wanted the focal Utopias but I'm hearing these tang bang and Dayton's are better ? So either focals or a mixed set of 6.5" 3" and tweeter active with like a 4"and tweeter in the center of dash

Amps.... I talked to dc and they said I would be able to run 3 12" 1ohms at .67 final before box rise but they don't warranty it, while crechindo(sp) will but I would have to strap 2 3500s

I just want my system to sound really good and loud as he'll I'm so confused

I was also thinking about tuning this box a little lower like 28-29hz, maybe that's the wrong plan but I read that the lower you tune the better sq you get?

What do y'all think I have the most for and will sound the cleanest out of the brands I have chosen, I heard some are better spl subs while others have better sq but that doesn't matter because of the box and tuning some a sealed others are 4th order and others a ported.....what the hell why doesn't the manufacture tell you what it was designed for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.