Next Build Suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
So I've had some pretty big plans for my next build and was wanting some suggestions. My current setup is in my sig. I'm only upgrading the substage because there isn't much else I can do to my front stage due to barely having 1-7/8" mounting depth in the doors...

I am pretty set on running a Banda Viking 5k. I've talked to many people who have ran them and swear by them. If I ever went to a competition it would be on music and not burping. Speaking of this, would you all recommend running through an EQ first?

I plan on getting an 80PRS or something similar soon.

I just got a Deka 9A31 for under the hood and will likely run them because I can get them for pretty cheap, especially used locally. I can get 3 for the price of one D3100...

I am going to run a single run of 2/0 OFC or 2 runs of 0 Gauge OFC... Sky High or Knu.

My biggest question is subs. I've talked to a few people and I'm pretty confident I can get 2 15" Sundown ZV4 sized subs in my backseat. So I want some suggestions for 15" subs. I want more of a ground pounder (thinking of a 30Hz tuning), not really worried about super high numbers on the meter. I however still want it to sound good. I was originally thinking of ZV4 Motors with ZV3 softies, but like I said I am super open to suggestions. I would like the cost of each sub to be under the $700 mark.

Please keep in mind this is something I am working on over the next 6+ months so if you offer to sell me something I will likely not be interested. I get paid **** little to nothing for my on campus job so I am going to be bargain shopping for batteries and wire, getting the Subs and amp over the summer when I have an actual paycheck.

EDIT: I am open to all brands. I am also willing to try doing a drop-in recone if I mismatch soft parts with motors.

They still hit that region pretty decently from the shorting rings used in the designs, very smooth sound, still brutal yet smooth. From a normal 30-32hz tuned box, it'll kinda fall flat on music with midbass focused bass like rock, country, metal. If your mids are up to par, you shouldnt be missing too much.

For subs i recommend tantric hdd with your power. That should keep you well under the 700 mark per sub. Just my .02
I am definitely keeping an open mind to Tantric.

They still hit that region pretty decently from the shorting rings used in the designs, very smooth sound, still brutal yet smooth. From a normal 30-32hz tuned box, it'll kinda fall flat on music with midbass focused bass like rock, country, metal. If your mids are up to par, you shouldnt be missing too much.
My ES-6iM have great sound down to 85 Hz (I'm not going lower simply because I am already overpowering them a good bit). Not super loud nor does it have a punch because they have a super slim magnet (Like 1/4" thick), but in the 100+ range they're phenomenal in SQ and loudness. Most of my music doesn't have a real wide midbass range, but my current system sounds real nice all together now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.