Newbie with a question

try swap it for something that'll give you the pwr you need
or just keep using the kenwood
I'll save up some money and go with Babykinns recommendation and get 1000RMS amp. I guess I have to high requirements or to high of expectations at a low budget. Bigger box is needed in any event. Humbling experience here for sure.

The Kenwood amp is rated at 2Ω per channel so a 2Ω bridged load will create a 1Ω load per channel. Since the amp cannot handle that load, it won't be twice as loud or cleaner but it will make the amp heat up to the point that the smoke will come out of it.
That said, the system will be louder and distortion probably won't be audible until the amp begins to seriously deteriorate but, technically, it won't be "cleaner". The reason it won't be twice as loud is that the power supply isn't capable of supplying enough voltage and current to the final amplifier in order to make double the power. What will happen is that voltage won't increase when it needs to and as a result, the final amplifier will draw more current, decrease efficiency (make heat) and ultimately, fail.

But yeah, you're right for the most part. :)
Haven't seen any smoke and only turned it up for seconds at a time for sound experimenting so i can't imagine any damage to any of the components to date but sure glad for internet forums like this one. So as it stands, I have the KW in my truck wired with both vc's in series to give me a measured impedance of 8ohms. The boat is in my garage for the winter and experimenting with the Alpine for boating season. The KW in my truck is fine for now. Sounds great and should be safe to run at 8 ohms.

Now for the boat. The Alpine still won't rock my Garage even with both vc's in parallel. mode which i under stand is now at 2 ohms. The boat has the biggest box enclosure of 3 cf. Looking for a JL amp like my sons friend. Wow so awesome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.