Newbie with a question

4v is good, something ain't right though thats for sure wish I could be of more help...
Correct me if I'm wrong but this may be the problem

The minimum final load impedence for the kenwood bridged is 4 ohms which creats a 2 ohm final load right? Which wired like that is giving out 270 rms x 2. Thats 540 rms. And he was bridging it at 2 ohms creating a 1ohm final load which is probably doubling that so if I'm correct hes ripping close or more than 800 rms out of that amp. So of course it would be twice as loud and sound louder and cleaner but will destroy the amp or sub or both before long. Right?

When you run a DVC sub on only one coil you cut the power handling of the sub in half, plus you induce a current on the other voice coil, which is wasted energy.
Your best bet, as has been said, is to run the sub on the monoblock amplifier as it's designed to run the sub. Use the 2 channel to make your front stage come alive. ;-)
Read over my last quote n tell me if I'm right.

Read over my last quote n tell me if I'm right.
The Kenwood amp is rated at 2Ω per channel so a 2Ω bridged load will create a 1Ω load per channel. Since the amp cannot handle that load, it won't be twice as loud or cleaner but it will make the amp heat up to the point that the smoke will come out of it.

That said, the system will be louder and distortion probably won't be audible until the amp begins to seriously deteriorate but, technically, it won't be "cleaner". The reason it won't be twice as loud is that the power supply isn't capable of supplying enough voltage and current to the final amplifier in order to make double the power. What will happen is that voltage won't increase when it needs to and as a result, the final amplifier will draw more current, decrease efficiency (make heat) and ultimately, fail.

But yeah, you're right for the most part. :)

He was runnin the cvr at 2 ohm bridged on the kenwood. That will burn the kenwood up.
And don't want to do that so now the Single Sub with both CVR vc's in series with measured resistance of 8 ohms. Sounds great so I am okay with the KW at this setting. Now for the boat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.