Newbie sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

rutledj
10+ year member

I want to install a sub in my 2011 sonata. Do you get the same effect by mounting it in the trunk or does it have to be ported to the cabin to get good bass?

I'm not looking for overwhelming big thumping bass. Just something to add a little bottom end to the music.

Thanks

Rut

yeah if u mean whati think you mean do sub back/port back. sealed would probably be your best bet though. in that case just do sub facing the rear too.

I think I'm a little confused on the terminology. I'm asking if I have the sub in the trunk do I need an opening (port) into the cabin or will it work just closed up in the trunk?

I'm not sure. I don't want anything massive and that takes up a lot of room (I know this is what subs do) but I'd like to find a compact powered sub. Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to go with a 10" sub in a sealed box, will hardly take up any room back there and wont give you over powering bass. But will give you the thump your looking for.

i ran a mb quart 10 on a little kicker impulse 354xi in the trunk of my cavalier for quite a while, and it sounded wonderful, very clean crisp bass.

you could also do a single 8 (thinking sundown) on about 300 watts or so in a .5 cube box tuned to around 32hz would sound really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.