Going from big bass to shallow mount sub need help regarding my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

SneaksFiend
10+ year member

Hey guys I sold my 12" JL audio w6v2. It was hooked up to a hifonics Brutus bxi 1210D was pushing really hard in perfect. It's installed in a 2005 chevy impala

However I needed the trunkspace now. So I sold it and now I'm looking into a shallow mount kicker cvt. Why? I don't need the hard banging bass anymore. Getting older lol... What I want is just an ok sounding bass not too too loud but just enough to bump. Yet have my entire trunk.

My question is will my hifonics amp push the cvt 12" to it's full potential?

Is the amp too powerful for the sub?

Lastly, will it at least give me the lil bass to the music I want? Not too loud and rattling but enough to shack my rearview mirror lol. Thanks guys in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.