MadMarv

here
I am getting the Infinity 605cs components. Here are the specs on them:

frequency response 54-20,000 Hz

power range 2-90 watts RMS

peak power handling 270 watts

sensitivity 92 dB

top-mount depth 1-15/16"

What size amp should I use to power these? Brand? The Rockford POWER 400.4 was recommended. I would like something a little less pricey. I've also been told that too little power will ruin speakers also, and don't want to do that. Thanks for all of your help/suggestions!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

get a 300 watt amp or at least 200 watt 2 channel screw the rear fill....just set up the big 2 channel so it wont clip...and "too little power" wont hurt your speakers..playing volume master ruins speakers...."not enough power" is a wives tale sales people/manufactures say to protect themselves (so u dont over set your gains to acheive volume) and to sell more product or more expensive product

ok, i jsut got these installed, and I LVOE EM, celan and crisp, big improvement over JBL 6x8's, stock lol.

anyways, i ahve them jsut running off my deck for the front channel, and they sound good to start with, BUT, once i get a newer deck (3 preouts) i will run an amp to em and my new reference rear 6x9's. Iheard the comps with about 150 RMS to each, and they sounded incredible.

they can handle that.,

anyways, i ahve a q, is it possible to run a 4-channel amp off a deck with only 2 preouts? keep in mind that I am using one preout already for my subs, and i will be splittig that preout once i get an amp for my 12. hehehehe i knwo i knwo, new deck, new deck, but not right now lol.,

thanks

ok then so everyone is telling that it can be done, but i would ahve to fade.

then ALSO everyone is always whining about people who ahve their fader set lol now my head hurts.

I will be keeping my fader right in the middle, so its nota big deal eh?

oh btw, my preouts are only 2.2V would aline driver help my statics ounds issue? how much do they usually run?

well the rule is the more voltage the higher the noise floor..if in a perfect world this would be true but i have seen line drivers make the problem worse (the higher the voltage the less seseptable to noise..but that also depends what is causing the noise)

ok, so hte static MIGHT be coming from my deck, lol and it MIGHT be from my new comps, lol i love this exact science i strtingt o delve into lol.

Thanks a bunch audiolife, you jsut made this ahrder on me, actually, thanks a lot, really... big help man

its jsut static, like when the volume is turned low, like under 15/80 where 40 is incredibly loud, i can hear static comming from the tyweets mainly, like dead signal sound stuff you know? like radio hissing, but on CD, when i turn up the volume, the hiss dontget worse, ti just gets drwoned out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.