newbie needs suggestions

Ifinally have the money to put a system in my 03 Tahoe. Im in mstalling a pioneer avh4300dvd double din but can't decide on the subs and amp. I have always been drawn to memphis and was thinking of getting 2 c3 15s with 2pr1000 amps but have kinda been talked into trying other equipment (people saying im just buying a brand name andthat I can get better stuff for cheaper price. Etc etc.) So been recommended to get 2 sundown sa 15 KD and a sundow saz1500. what are you guys opinion? I would like opinions on setups I've given and your own opinion on what I should get? Ill be installing 0 gauge stinger wiring kit with 2nd batt (red optima). The BIG 3 upgrade and building my own ported box (first time to attempt a box build).

Budget is no more than 1500 but less if possible

Thanks in advance.

I've also read some bad reviews on the gmos-04 as well....how have your encounters been? I do have nose and onstar.

Do not have 3rd row seat

There was a couple of brand new Earthquake Magma old school 15's put up on the classifieds yesterday. They're old but bnib and were about 500 bucks a piece back in the day. They can be had for 300 bucks. Just an idea....

Well if I fo with memphis I will be spending my whole 1500 budget. C3s are 300 a piece and pr1000 are 450 a piece. Sundown sa15 are 234 a piece and saz1500 is 530? Which puts me right at$ 1000. But I've never used em but see that alot of people use them and like em...but they look cheaply made to me..with small magnets and 600wrms but im not a guru when it comes to this stuff yet....I want to be tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but they look cheaply made to me..with small magnets and 600wrms but im not a guru when it comes to this stuff yet....I want to be tho
The Sundowns look cheaply made? Lol! They're nice subs man. Can't compare em' to the Memphis' cause I've never heard em'. But they might look cheap to you cause Sundown is pretty much a straight ahead bada$$ subwoofer that doesn't waste a lot of money on gimmicky plastic crap to make their motors look bigger. And as far as the 600 rms rating that's REALLY underrated. They take 1200 and smile if the person knows what they're doing.

all i ran was memphis subs for two years. the cm cast gets pretty **** loud. the sq just isnt there with other subs. id say go elsewhere. you can get much better for the money. im looking into ssa xcons. same rms as the cm cast mojos, they get just as loud, and have amazing sound quality. all things i have heard, but have heard multiple times...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.