Newbie needs help. (Subs, Amps, Box)

Participant count
  • Participant list

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
Alright, so my final plan is to have two 500 watt 10" subs in two separate boxes (one sub in each box) , on a 1000 watt amp or two 500 watt amps... but I only have the money to do half of it right now... so one 10" sub for now.

(Scroll to * for short story shorter)

I don't know much about car audio, but I know the basics of the basics... and when I went to my local car audio shop(s), they were trying to tell me to shove two 12" subs under my back seat, and put an 8 on each side... in between the seat and the cab wall. -__-

I know at least that a sub needs a certain amount of air to move around to run effectively, and my extended cab dodge Dakota doesn't have very much. I initially wanted to put in two 12s, but two 10s will be just effective, if I build the right box. And that's what I'm here for.

A friend of mine was going to show me the ropes, and help me design a box, because he knew a guy where you just tell him your make and model of vehicle, and he gives you the optimal box blueprints for your vehicle... but that friend of mine just passed away (Jerry Yaeger if you knew him... he was pretty big in the Mid America Audio Drag Scene). So, in order to not get completely fucked at a car audio shop, I came here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I want to know how big my box should be, and how it should be designed to "Get the most" out of a (and eventually two) 10" sub woofer(s) for my 96 Dodge Dakota.

Vehicle : 1996 Dodge Dakota SLT (extended cab)

Location in the vehicle: Back Seat "Bench" with seat removed

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 21 x 11 x 24 (in.)

Subwoofer make and model: I want a 10" 500 watt sub, any suggestions? (Medium quality)

I like American Bass subs... I would prefer if one of theirs would work. (Not DXs)

Subwoofer Size: 10"

Number of Subwoofers: 1 (for now)

type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Uhhh, best/cheapest? lol

What type of music do you like?: It will be playing a bit of everything. Electronic, country, rap, and hip hop.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): Most effective?

Volume : Loud?

Questions: What would be better for two 500 watt 10s? one 1000 watt amp, or two 500 watt amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.