newbie needs help on setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

clueless

Atlanta
Alright guys, I have a 02 Lexus Gs300, amd after various questions on forums and talking to a few friends. Here is the setup I came up with.

Alpine IVE-530 (head unit)

JBL M62s-c (front doors)

Hertz hcx 165 (rear doors)

PPI 900.4 (to power the doors)

2 Image Dynamics IDQ10-2 (in a sealed box)

Kicker 11DX1000.1 (to power the subs)

My other option is to go with either a pair of focal Hks 165 or focal ps 165 up front and disconnect the rear speakers. Being a newb it has always been my thought that having a 4 door car, it would be best to have four speakers. However I rarely have anyone in the backseat other than my two year old. Some say go with rear fill, many say dont

Any problems with this setup? Underpowered or overpowered?

*I believe I read somewhere that the ohm load of my amp has to match that of the speakers/sub. Did I pair this correctly or do I need to get the IDQ's with the 4ohm load?

You want the rear speakers for playing DVDs for your child. Cut the budget by 50% and you'll still have good speakers back there. They're not going to be doing much so I don't see a justification for spending $200+ on those speakers.

Post more information about those IDQ subwoofers. I believe they must be dual 2 ohm, but you should state which version they are. You could use a smaller amplifier for the subwoofers. It would make for an easier load on the alternator while sounding the same, by cutting back to 750W instead of 1,00W RMS as an example.

You want the rear speakers for playing DVDs for your child. Cut the budget by 50% and you'll still have good speakers back there. They're not going to be doing much so I don't see a justification for spending $200+ on those speakers.

Post more information about those IDQ subwoofers. I believe they must be dual 2 ohm, but you should state which version they are. You could use a smaller amplifier for the subwoofers. It would make for an easier load on the alternator while sounding the same, by cutting back to 750W instead of 1,00W RMS as an example.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.