Newbie Needing Help With Audio.

crunkmaro

Hey all, i Just joined because my friend told me this is where the people who know their shi% are. heres the situation:

I have a 2001 camaro convertible. The sound quality is DECENT with the top closed and the windows up...nothing spectacular, i have a borla bullet off of my y-pipe so theres lots of other noise too.

when i open the windows...the bass kinda goes away.

when i drop the top, the music sounds like crap.

I need help trying to set up an audio system that will be sufficient enough to get a few glances and more importantly...sound good

right now all i have is a head unit...blaupunkt melbourne (the SD card one) which i really like. it has 4 channel pre-outs and is 25x4 watt.

i have two 6.5" speakers in the front and two 6.5" speakers in the back. i would like to upgrade these to something better louder and crisper (mids and highs) i was thinking components?

i would also like some bass in the car. i don't really have a trunk...nor a hatch area. the place where i would like to have to sub is actually where my rear seats were..a sort of cubby hole. problem is, i don't know what kind of box would be best (sealed ported etc)

also, i know i would need to use amplifiers to get the most out of the speakers, but again, i dont know how many or what kind.

i'd appreciate any friendly help. thank you in advance.

I have a FI Q and love it, great sound quality. And as far as the box goes a single wedge shaped fits in the butt seat area nicely.

html://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e243/CayenneRedV6/Car/DSC03638.jpg

Like asked how much do you want to spend?

I did an install on a 2000 camaro convertible. And your right, sound goes to **** with the top open.

You're only gonna have sufficient space for a single 12" ported. The install I did was 2 12w3's in a sealed enclosure, and I was squeezin that in there.

How much are you lookin to spend?

alrite here's my suggestion. Component system in the front powered by an amp. Rainbow SLC line maybe? For a sub, you could get an Image Dynamics IDQ v.3 12 inch and port it. You will need about 2^3 ft of space for the box. Maybe you could measure the amount of room you have and post it. Forget about the rear speakers. The sub will just overpower the sound of the rear anyway. I believe all this will cost about 900 or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.