newbie looking for kicker L7 box design advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

buickv6

Canada
I have done some searching but can't find box designs for my old school kicker solobaric L7's S12L74 I have no problem with the construction once I have a design as I'm looking for direction here as this will be my first design box build. I have 3-12" kicker solobarics and am looking for a ported somewhat of a compact box design, something no longer than 42" long that will be going in an suv and playing mostly hip hop with some rock as well. I will be powering this with a crossfire 2000w amp at 2 ohms. Here is what I found for specs which don't specify port measurements to me.

Details:

titanium deposit cone

non-resonant aluminum basket

Santoprene rubber surround

dual 4-ohm voice coils for wiring flexibility (with a compatible amp)

frequency response 20-100 Hz

power range 75-750 watts RMS (375 watts per coil)

peak power handling 1,500 watts

sensitivity 86.6 dB SPL

top-mount depth 6-13/16"

sealed box volume 0.88-2.0 cubic feet

ported box volume 1.75-3.25 cubic feet

Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: none

I have done some searching but can't find box designs for my old school kicker solobaric L7's S12L74 I have no problem with the construction once I have a design as I'm looking for direction here as this will be my first design box build. I have 3-12" kicker solobarics and am looking for a ported somewhat of a compact box design, something no longer than 42" long that will be going in an suv and playing mostly hip hop with some rock as well. I will be powering this with a crossfire 2000w amp at 2 ohms. Here is what I found for specs which don't specify port measurements to me.
Details:

titanium deposit cone

non-resonant aluminum basket

Santoprene rubber surround

dual 4-ohm voice coils for wiring flexibility (with a compatible amp)

frequency response 20-100 Hz

power range 75-750 watts RMS (375 watts per coil)

peak power handling 1,500 watts

sensitivity 86.6 dB SPL

top-mount depth 6-13/16"

sealed box volume 0.88-2.0 cubic feet

ported box volume 1.75-3.25 cubic feet

Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: none
depends on what kind of sound you want. Whats your musical preferences?

depends on what kind of sound you want. Whats your musical preferences?
I would be playing some bass tracks for sure that I want to feel with some reasonable spl, but at the same time I don't want that annoying bass if that makes sense. Does kicker maybe recommend spec for tuning hz as I really don't know the difference between 32hz and 35hz but from reading I've done that hz is about what I want for soft rock and hip hop

I would be playing some bass tracks for sure that I want to feel with some reasonable spl, but at the same time I don't want that annoying bass if that makes sense. Does kicker maybe recommend spec for tuning hz as I really don't know the difference between 32hz and 35hz but from reading I've done that hz is about what I want for soft rock and hip hop
Just shoot for 34 at 2.75 to 3 cubic feet. Moderate amounts of port area. Download xplicit audio app on your phone and there's a box calculator on it.

Just shoot for 34 at 2.75 to 3 cubic feet. Moderate amounts of port area. Download xplicit audio app on your phone and there's a box calculator on it.
If I am looking for a box with 2.75 cubic ft, is the the "net" volume I am using in the xplicit app? and does this account for the sub displacement as well?

If I am looking for a box with 2.75 cubic ft, is the the "net" volume I am using in the xplicit app? and does this account for the sub displacement as well?
It has wood, port and baffle thickness, sub and bracing displacement and ive been told its the closest to sketchup and autocad numbers.

thanks, and yes I will be using 3 subs and shooting for up to 9 cubic feet total
try to keep your port per foot around 12-16 for slot and 8-13 for aero. The more you overpower the more port area you'd want. typically L7s dont need much port area due to low displacement.

try to keep your port per foot around 12-16 for slot and 8-13 for aero. The more you overpower the more port area you'd want. typically L7s dont need much port area due to low displacement.
thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.