One more question about zv4 15 box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
So let me start off by saying that I made a post a few days maybe a week ago asking for help designing a box for 2 zv4 15 several people were quick to respond and I got a good design from Shredder2 in the end and I would like to say thanks to everybody who chimed in and obviously Shredder 2 for the help but now I am building the Box and about to start assembly then cut out the speaker holes but when I laid out the port and how it was supposed to go together I noticed that if I center the subs like I initially wanted to they would be extremely close to if not partially in the port so I am asking where exactly should I put the subs in side the Box usually there is plenty of room plus I might be putting too much thought into it just want it to turn out right so I can get this system installed been waiting two years to get everything together and now it's finally time to get it rolling so any advice or input would be greatly appreciated

So basically this is the problem I'm having the picture labeled Option 1 is how I wanted to put the subs in the Box but I didn't know if that would cause any issues because of how close it is to the port so option to was my second choice and option 3 was my third choice but I want to make sure that none of them will cause any issues with standing waves or anything like that so if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated also when Shredder sent the design for the Box he said to only use 145 in the port band which makes sense to me but if I had to go with option 2 or 3 I didn't know if I should add more because of where the subs are located also I guess as option for I could do SUB back Port back if I had to then it wouldn't really be an issue at all but I would strongly prefer to do Subs up Port back since it's an SUV

#3 ... if it was me... I had good luck with the last one with the same problem... and I added some tiny 45's in the all the corners... that tablesaw came in handy that day... the 45's were so small that it was such a small volume change... it modeled the same either way

It is likely the difference will be inaudible. IF you are chasing 10ths you should make the top easily removable, test all variations, then make permanent whichever works best.

Definitely not chasing tenths just want a loud daily / demo monster that can get low I'm sure my definition of monster it is way different then a lot of people on this forum but this is a pretty big build for me and I want it to come out right eventually I will build another box anyway because I want to give Birch a try and I really want to do some plexiglass windows just cuz I never done it before and I think it looks cool making the top removable is a **** good idea might do that anyway just for testing purposes so when I do build the next box there is no questions I will already know what works best what size 45 do you guys usually do normally and what would you consider smaller ones

Definitely not chasing tenths just want a loud daily / demo monster that can get low I'm sure my definition of monster it is way different then a lot of people on this forum but this is a pretty big build for me and I want it to come out right eventually I will build another box anyway because I want to give Birch a try and I really want to do some plexiglass windows just cuz I never done it before and I think it looks cool making the top removable is a **** good idea might do that anyway just for testing purposes so when I do build the next box there is no questions I will already know what works best what size 45 do you guys usually do normally and what would you consider smaller ones
Small?.. 45 it the thickness of the material... you follow?.. Woodglue and small brads clamped till it dries... lol... thats what?.. under 1.25"

Thats just offhand... I stated no 45's so you wouldn't kill volume with some 4" 45's in every corner

Okay I got it just wasn't sure seeing some pictures of other people's boxes and the 45s looked pretty big like 2 and 1/2 in wide or so so big there was a little dead space behind them I will make mine as small as I can with a skill saw that will be a straight point in the back and leave zero Dead Space

Yeah I will make the 45 going in the port Bend bigger for sure I'm trying to follow your instructions to the T with this box I have built some decent boxes before but like I said they were all just generic manufacturer recommendations this is the first one that has actually been modeled Custom Design so I'm trying to make it as right as possible definitely appreciate everybody helping me out with this and making sure it's going in the right direction

Yeah I will make the 45 going in the port Bend bigger for sure I'm trying to follow your instructions to the T with this box I have built some decent boxes before but like I said they were all just generic manufacturer recommendations this is the first one that has actually been modeled Custom Design so I'm trying to make it as right as possible definitely appreciate everybody helping me out with this and making sure it's going in the right direction
Have you figured the 45 in the bend yet?... exact length?

Honestly I have no idea how to figure out how big it should be I was just going to guess 2.5 in widest point to widest point cuz that's what it looked like in the pictures of other people's boxes online

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.