Newbie in Need of Suggestions for first Speaker replacements..

jameisonstyle
10+ year member

So I'm getting my paycheck next week and I'm finally going to be able to update my speaker system.. I was wondering what I should get for four speakers around the ballpark of $300 with installation. 3-way component speakers would be nice, i dont really know what that means but i hear the sound quality is better. and i dont think i need an amp because the people i ask at my local stores say that i dont NEED one? i have a 98 jeep grand cherokee which needs 6.5" speakers. i want a reasonable system that sounds nice and i will eventually be getting 1 10" sub by the end of the summer. so i would like a good combo. and i was also wondering if i didn't get a new deck and just got one of those DIRECT ipod connectors not the ones that plug in, i was wondering if those were any good as well..

HELP IS APPRECIATED...

you'll prolly be dissapointed if you don't get an amp for them most local shop workers are stupid MOST not all but they'll do stuff just so you buy there stuff but yes i deff would get an amp why brand speakers are thinking about getting

well i dont want my system to cost BANK.. but im thinking about alpine, jl, or pioneer.. i dont know much about speakers so whatever is supposed to be a good bang for the buck is great.. im looking for speakers that are priced roughly around 100-125 per pair.. my price range is from 250-400MAX... with installation... but im gonna get subs later on with an amp, i dunno if that changes anything though. and does anyone know anything about the direct connect ipod things?

Edit : Reading > Me...
i am reading.. but instead of reading EVERYTHING, second opinions are nice.. thats why we have these message boards and reviews right? ballpark opinion is one thing, but of coarse im reading.. now your opinion please? or else that was a really pointless reply because a senior member like you needs something better to do then. now back to my research...

Well I am reviewing hifonics comps right now if you wait till tommorow Ill let you know how they are because they are cheap enough that you should be able to afford an amp also.

i am reading.. but instead of reading EVERYTHING, second opinions are nice.. thats why we have these message boards and reviews right? ballpark opinion is one thing, but of coarse im reading.. now your opinion please? or else that was a really pointless reply because a senior member like you needs something better to do then. now back to my research...
No, I edited a statement that I made. I asked what vehicle and/or size of speakers you would need. I had then completely read your topic statement, and I edited my post.

i was wondering if you knew anything about phoenix gold speakers because my friend has their octane 6zr's or something rather.. and IMO they are the best subs i hear at my preppy school, we have several JL and audiobahn setups.. i really wanted to eventually line my whole car with either alpine, or phoenix gold.. opinion?

i've personally heard the sound quality of phoenix gold SUBS atleast.. and as i said, i stand by my opinion of them and EXTREMELY like them. furthermore, i like to be different because not many people have phoenix gold and i dont want to sacrifice sound quality for wanting to be different.. and i hear type R subs are really nice and i know they have a speaker line that is also type R.. and alpine has an extremely good reputation where i live although ive never personally heard their systems.. but depending on price and stuff im willing to stick or change my preferences.

yeah JL is overpriced which is why im trying to stay away.. and since you say audiobahn ***** is prolly why i think phoenix gold is better lol. i really like the octane zr's my friend has 2 12's but im going for a more subtle approach because they sound REALLY loud in his jeep which is exactly like mine.. im thinking about getting just one 10 or 12 of the same sub.. but im hesitant about their speaker systems because i cant dig up anything on them. and i dont know anything about mb quarts either which is the brand you offered..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.