Newbie help with understanding amps

adamst5
10+ year member

My friend got 2 12inch kickers in his Toyota 4runner and he plays it with a Sony Xplod 1000 watt amp and it cost him about a 150 dollars or so my question is what makes a Kicker Zx1000.1 amp worth 300? I ask because I bought a pair of used cvr 12 kicker and am wondering if the kicker amp is worth the extra money. Sorry if there is thread like this or a sticky that I didn't see. Thanks in advance

because sony is cheap and wont last. remember, 9/10 times, you get what you pay for. IMO sony is more of a "untill I can afford the nice one, I'll use this" kind of brand

My friend got 2 12inch kickers in his Toyota 4runner and he plays it with a Sony Xplod 1000 watt amp and it cost him about a 150 dollars or so my question is what makes a Kicker Zx1000.1 amp worth 300? I ask because I bought a pair of used cvr 12 kicker and am wondering if the kicker amp is worth the extra money. Sorry if there is thread like this or a sticky that I didn't see. Thanks in advance
for 1. thats Sony Xplod does not do 1000 watts.. or anywhere near it..

2. Kicker amps do their rated at 2 and 4 ohms.

3. Ridiculous question lulz

dont buy the kicker either... for $250 u can go with an AQ1200D that is proven and will do more power. u can also go with an ed nine.1 for $250, tho i dont use it so im not sure how great it is

Ya I get what you guys are saying now... But sometimes it is just the brand name that makes it expensive when it really isn't any better that is why I asked the question just to make sure there really was a difference.

there are a lot of elitist cockbags on here.

everyone has to start somewhere, good luck learning OP. just ignore the trisomy 21 stoke victims that peruse this forum on occasion.

That sony amp will only do ~120 watts rms (root mean square, or average) which is the rating you should be more concerned with, the kicker amp will do 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms, or in sony's peak to peak ratings ~ 8000 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.