Newbie Clueless Need Some Guidence

thatguy
10+ year member

Toronto
I just started learning more into car audio and for the past couple years, i thought a new it all.

Anyways ill get it to the details.

Hardware

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-80PRS.

Components - Focals 130VR Component Set. Manual

Subwoofers / Mid Bass - 2 JL Stealth boxes (Free to Air Rear deck Lid) with2 Peerless SLS 8 830667 Manual

Amplifier - Alpine PDX 4.150 Manual

I listen to mostly a little bit of everything expect Rock Or Jazz.

I have no clue what to do on setting these up specifically the AMP. My main problem is that, if i bridged the rear in to a 4 Ohm (8ohm single each), will the amp be able to handle it at 300x1@4; Whiles handling my fronts without an issue?

What will be the best for me to get the most out of this setup. Should set up the amp for LPF or full? And the fronts leave them at HPF or Full? I'm so clueless.

Lastly, i don't understand these switches. It doesn't explain what i want to achieve.

basically i want 2 bridge the rears whiles leaving the fronts alone.

RVxO7AN.jpg

English is not my first language so please bare with me and I'm really new to this. Just trying to soak as much information.

thanks for reading

this amp can handle 3 ch operation, with two channels bridged to one and the other two powering your fronts. If you wire the subs in parallel (like you said), that's a 4 ohm load for the bridged channel, which will supply 300watts rms total and 150 watts to each sub. set the switch to lp for the subs to only allow the low frequencies to go to them. set the switch to hp for the fronts to block low frequencies. set the crossover knob to anywhere between 60-150(whatever sounds best to you). those front speakers only handle 50 watts rms but this amp would feed them 150, so adjust the gains by their sound(turn down the gains to reduce the power going to them). I don't know how much english you know, but if you have any questions about what i just typed just ask.

I've noticed that my skills seem to be a bit out of whack in the Char Generator -actually have received a few skill loading errors- so I've tried to edit them so they're more correct - not sure I've succeeded though. A few skills I've focused on trying to max are my Use Magical Device, Perform and Concentration.

CAR OBD2 SHOP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.