New tweeters for components, or a just new components?

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
situation: cdt cl-61as -

- one woofer is damaged aka dented in cone (but it's copable)

- one tweeter is completely nonworking...(was crushed)

so would you guys:

1. just get new tweeters and live with (or try to fix with some nailpolish) the woofer damage ($50)

2. get a whole new set with no problems ($150)

3. some other option...

once again, the cl-61as are on backorder at thezeb so I guess time isn't an issue (cause I just bought some cheap 4x6s just so that I'll have something up front).

I am highly satisfied with the sound these speakers put out on just my HU, so when I hook my amp up...you guys say it's a big difference...I wanna experience that - so I'm gonna stick with this set fyi.

well..... i say buy new comps, when its reasonable to do so. as far as the amp thing goes, yes, unless something is horribly wrong with your setup, you will DEFINITELY notice a difference once you've amped your speakers. i didn't think the improvement would be so pronounced, but so much the better!

abe m.

also, what if I

3. just get the speakers separately (max $100)...

cl-6 midbass driver - less than $50 off ebay (used)

cdt-10 1" silk soft-dome tweeter - $50 @ thezeb

4. or, what if I just move up to the HD-62EF ($200)?

^ kind of leaning towards this since it's not on backorder

i have a set of audiobahn components. i want to get rid of the tweeters that came with the system for some better ones. can i buy any tweeter i want, or does it have to be from audiobahn? will i have to get a new crossover?

same quetion here do you have to use the same tweeters?? would I get better sound if I use the CDT crossover with a different set of speakers????

you don't have to use the same company's tweeters, but in general, most components from a given company within the same series are intended to compliment each other. folks use different tweeters and mids all the time; i think the tricky part is finding a nice combination.

abe m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.