New tricks for an old dog !

Participant count
  • Participant list

DAR400

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Land Rover Defender that id like to put Apple Car play into, I know there are double DIN units that I can install (mods to the dash needed). I don't want to change the dash unit , also the double DIN unit is low and pretty useless for any NAV or decent view of the screen.
So my quandary is , can I add a stand alone Screen for Apple play to use with my current car stereo...? Would like to mount a screen on the dash , in view and easily utilised...?

thanks

DAR

Ttt
can I add a stand alone Screen for Apple play to use with my current car stereo...?
You can plug this between the antenna and the radio for audio to your speakers, and use a regular IPad mounted on your dash. It is a Bluetooth receiver so it connects to the IPad easily.
Screenshot_20220301-171513.png

Antenna bypass is the simplest option. Might call up Crutchfield and tell them what you're trying to do, it is likely they have a couple options on those and may have some other interesting solution. I've had good luck calling them and getting good advice on what products I had never heard of that'll work best in uncommon applications.

Antenna bypass is the simplest option. Might call up Crutchfield and tell them what you're trying to do, it is likely they have a couple options on those and may have some other interesting solution. I've had good luck calling them and getting good advice on what products I had never heard of that'll work best in uncommon applications.
thanks for the advice , I will get in touch , don't really want to use an iPad as I would like to leave a screen permanently fixed. still an option though .

thanks for the advice , I will get in touch , don't really want to use an iPad as I would like to leave a screen permanently fixed. still an option though .
There may be something that has a display that can be mounted elsewhere from the "brain"? If there isn't yet, there should be. The point is, if a product exists, Crutchfield will let you know anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...