New to Home Audio

look at accesories4less.com

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

sorry didnt see that was from accesoriesfor less lol

are you ever going to get a smart tv? the ht has arc audio capability and the nr414 does not look like it has it. but it will be nice to have 6 hdmi input(NR414) vs 3 hdmi

Not sure on the smart tv anytime soon I have a decent tv but unless it breaks or goes out I doubt I will get another one anytime soon...and I have a TC2k and 500watts on my sub stage not sure I would need 2 sub outs
also the 6hdmi vs 3hdmi is it worth $50 for 3 more??
Since you already have a sub for the set up, go with a higher end 2-way that you build yourself. I'm working on tunes in the house, my build log is here. My speakers are sooo sweet, no distortion and they crank. Only downside is hearing the quality of the music file and/or production value of the tunes.

The forum at PE will help you design the box for that TC-2000. I'm actually using a 12" TC-1000 I had in the closet. My design for the sub is linked in the build log.

I picked up a re-furb from Accessories4less, super happy with the reciever and it has a 1 year warrenty. You can always us a Y to add an additional sub later. Extra HDMI inputs are only worth it if you have the additional sources (or will add them later). Make sure the reciever has network stuff built in! I love having Pandora built into the reciever......plus I can access a computer or media server for music and pictures.

Hope that helps..........

Since you already have a sub for the set up, go with a higher end 2-way that you build yourself. I'm working on tunes in the house, my build log is here. My speakers are sooo sweet, no distortion and they crank. Only downside is hearing the quality of the music file and/or production value of the tunes.
The forum at PE will help you design the box for that TC-2000. I'm actually using a 12" TC-1000 I had in the closet. My design for the sub is linked in the build log.

I picked up a re-furb from Accessories4less, super happy with the reciever and it has a 1 year warrenty. You can always us a Y to add an additional sub later. Extra HDMI inputs are only worth it if you have the additional sources (or will add them later). Make sure the reciever has network stuff built in! I love having Pandora built into the reciever......plus I can access a computer or media server for music and pictures.

Hope that helps..........
Awesome write up you got there bro, I have already built a box for the sub and purchased a receiver. Still looking for mids and highs tho..I like the way you built yours they are ****, About how big are they?? and you just used the kit from PE??

Awesome write up you got there bro, I have already built a box for the sub and purchased a receiver. Still looking for mids and highs tho..I like the way you built yours they are ****, About how big are they?? and you just used the kit from PE??
Thanks man, I'm loving how they turned out!

I went with a kit from Madisound, found here. One of the huge bonuses with a kit is the crossover. The designer tweeks it to get the best response. My kit came with pre-assembled XOs. PE has a lot of great kits to, what are you looking at for budget? PM if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.