Car audio insurance

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
I was wondering if any Insurance companies offer insurance for your setup if you happen to get rear ended, and how much it costs for different companies, and so on. I'm wondering because i want to upgrade my whole system, but want it insured incase anything happens to it. so i was wondering what kind of insurance you guys have and how good it is/how much you pay and all

I'm pretty most insurance companies offer protection for your equipment if it gets damaged in a wreck. It's going to be something offered with full coverage though.

Smart idea, week ago while eating saw a kid get rear ended hard, he popped his trunk and what looked to be two Jo w7s were destroyed. My old insurance was anything that is bolted in your car is covered, so if a subwoofer box is bolted I would assume it's covered.. But that's full coverage and expensive

i spoke with my State Farm agent. They printed out my build log, took 72 pages. It is in my file.

They said anything not secured with fasteners (screws/bolts/etc.) is not covered. so CD cases, not covered. sub boxes that are not bolted down - not covered. etc. With my build log, i also gave them mfr/model/serial of each piece. no idea if they would ever make good on it, since the estimated value is greater than the vehicle itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i spoke with my State Farm agent. They printed out my build log, took 72 pages. It is in my file.
They said anything not secured with fasteners (screws/bolts/etc.) is not covered. so CD cases, not covered. sub boxes that are not bolted down - not covered. etc. With my build log, i also gave them mfr/model/serial of each piece. no idea if they would ever make good on it, since the estimated value is greater than the vehicle itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
state farm is good on their car audio insurance, my stuff got stolen before and they replaced everything amp, subwoofer capacitor head unit and also paid for it to get installed. they asked me to go to a car stereo place of their choice and the place verified by my wiring left over how many amps i have to verify my claim. i sent pictures of my setup as proof and the older equipment was replaced with newer versions.

state farm is good on their car audio insurance, my stuff got stolen before and they replaced everything amp, subwoofer capacitor head unit and also paid for it to get installed. they asked me to go to a car stereo place of their choice and the place verified by my wiring left over how many amps i have to verify my claim. i sent pictures of my setup as proof and the older equipment was replaced with newer versions.
that was our discussion. i do recommend that people discuss this ahead of time with their insurance carrier to verify their policy and what proof they need to provide. photos and wiring go a long way to validate the claim. lucky for me, i know the only car audio shops in town, and we agree Audison = xtant for replacement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.