12" JBL GT 1000 watt series vs 10" Fosgate R1's

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccaleb

MI
Need some help on purchasing a new system. ive narrowed it down to these two amazing setups. The JBl with a 1000 watt sony amp and the R1's are powered by fosgate prime r250-1 amp. Both are in sealed boxes, just need some more pushiver advice to sway my opinion i suppose and came here for the help..any tips?

Need some help on purchasing a new system. ive narrowed it down to these two amazing setups. The JBl with a 1000 watt sony amp and the R1's are powered by fosgate prime r250-1 amp. Both are in sealed boxes, just need some more pushiver advice to sway my opinion i suppose and came here for the help..any tips?
The JBL's with a JBL amp... Not trying to burst your bubble, but sony amps S U C K ... I don't care for sony anything in car audio personally, but especially their amps - I ran one a few years ago on my highs temporarily and it left a bad taste in my mouth - never again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I think I'd go R1 if you're going to run sealed. They're made for it. I believe the JBL's would do better ported. The R1's with the Prime amp would be my choice of these 2. And NIHL8ION is correct on the Sony amps. They're terrible! Some of the old school Sony stuff was great. But it's garbage now.

I think I'd go R1 if you're going to run sealed. They're made for it. I believe the JBL's would do better ported. The R1's with the Prime amp would be my choice of these 2. And NIHL8ION is correct on the Sony amps. They're terrible! Some of the old school Sony stuff was great. But it's garbage now.
I'm just not a fan of the R1's, they are weaksauce imo... The lowest I'll run with fosgates is a Punch = P2 Series - I KNOW those do well in sealed enclosures, My Buddy is running a single P2 15" Sealed & it sounds pretty good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm just not a fan of the R1's, they are weaksauce imo... The lowest I'll run with fosgates is a Punch = P2 Series - I KNOW those do well in sealed enclosures, My Buddy is running a single P2 15" Sealed & it sounds pretty good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yeah I'm not either. The Prime Series all pretty much sucks imo. But these were the only 2 choice given... Besides the R1's are 50 a pc. Inevitably he'll upgrade later and sell them on Craigslist. Lol!

Wife had a p2 15" a couple years ago in the minivan (one of the older silver ones) in a crappy prefab ported and it sounded good. Got loud off 300 watts! I was surprised. It was an easy resell too. Anything with Kicker or Rockford on it sells pretty quick in Tulsa.

The only Fosgate subs I would ever touch are the P3s. Unless thats a old Sony moble ES I would drop that from the list also. Only good JBL stuff is the GTO amps and GTI line
You don't like the T0, T1, or T2? I like the older silver coned ones and I've heard the new all black ones. They're decent. Pretty pricey but not bad subs.

I was talking about the ES line as Sony's older stuff. They had some great amps back in the day and the subs were SQ goodness! Why they took such a turn into shit is beyond me.

You don't like the T0, T1, or T2? I like the older silver coned ones and I've heard the new all black ones. They're decent. Pretty pricey but not bad subs.
I was talking about the ES line as Sony's older stuff. They had some great amps back in the day and the subs were SQ goodness! Why they took such a turn into shit is beyond me.
Not at all. To much show NO go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.