New to Car Audio

Gujuvim710
10+ year member

Hey guys, I am new to car audio but I have some previously purchased equipment I would like to put into my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6.

I have a JL 13w7 and JL 1000/1. I am going to put a battery in the trunk for power and I know I'll have to get a high output alternator.

I was thinking about getting the Polk db 6501 speakers for the front and back if you guys approve. And if any of you could suggest which amp to get for the speakers. I was thinking a JL 4 channel, maybe JL XD 400/4. Or would the JL HD600/4 be too much?

Also, I was wondering if any of you guys knew how much sound deadening material I would need to apply to my whole car. I know that sub is going to rattle the crap out of my car.

Also, if any of you had any suggestions on what deck I should get. I was thinking about the Sony MEX-BT3900U or Sony CDX-GT700HD but not stuck on them. I want a singe din receiver because I want to keep my OEM headunit for navi functionality. I am going to put the aftermarket deck under my navi control nob.

I want to have the sub pointed towards the cabin so I can pull down my rear seat and have the sub right there. Will it be a good idea to remove the stock sub and have a flow thru into the cabin when I put my sub in?

Thank you guys so much! I've been reading on this forum for a few days and I know you guys are really knowledge in car audio so I know I came to the right place with my questions.

Let me know if you need any custom boxes made. Will work with budget. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank you Chris, yeah definitely expensive but worth it!

Steele, what do you think of how I want my box positioned? Is there any way to build a box for this sub without losing all of my trunk space?

Hey guys, I am new to car audio but I have some previously purchased equipment I would like to put into my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6.
I have a JL 13w7 and JL 1000/1. I am going to put a battery in the trunk for power and I know I'll have to get a high output alternator.

I was thinking about getting the Polk db 6501 speakers for the front and back if you guys approve. And if any of you could suggest which amp to get for the speakers. I was thinking a JL 4 channel, maybe JL XD 400/4. Or would the JL HD600/4 be too much?

Also, I was wondering if any of you guys knew how much sound deadening material I would need to apply to my whole car. I know that sub is going to rattle the crap out of my car.

Also, if any of you had any suggestions on what deck I should get. I was thinking about the Sony MEX-BT3900U or Sony CDX-GT700HD but not stuck on them. I want a singe din receiver because I want to keep my OEM headunit for navi functionality. I am going to put the aftermarket deck under my navi control nob.

I want to have the sub pointed towards the cabin so I can pull down my rear seat and have the sub right there. Will it be a good idea to remove the stock sub and have a flow thru into the cabin when I put my sub in?

Thank you guys so much! I've been reading on this forum for a few days and I know you guys are really knowledge in car audio so I know I came to the right place with my questions.
I'd avoid a Sony head unit, they haven't made anything worth using in a decade. Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood are all solid bets. Probably some others but I can't vouch for them. Get something at least "middle of the road" The entry level is always really pathetic, and the very top of the pile is generally not worth the premium unles you really have money to burn for the bragging rights.

For components I'd suggest you listen to some yourself and see if you like them. They come down mostly to personal preference. I haven't used Polk since like '89 and I know they're not made in USA anymore and couldn't guess as to what they do these days.

Sky is the limit with deadening. If you know you have some thin spots or road noise throw a layer everywhere you can get to the metal otherwise you could install then add as needed where needed.

Unles you're planning to seal off the trunk entirely firing sub forward is generally less than optimum in a trunk, firing into a corner, back, or side wall is generally best, but if you have a small enough box you'll have the flexibilty to try different aiming and positions to figure out what works.

Thanks for the responses guy!

I choose the Polk speakers because the got good reviews from a lot of reviewers on SonicElectronix, but I will definitly go and listen to some speakers this weekend.

That deck is kinda pricey! Maybe if I could find a deal somewhere, it looks pretty nice.

mylow10 you have that deck? Does it work well with everything? Fairly easy to use?

I dont think I'll a very small box at all. I've heard you need a pretty big box for a 13w7. Which ***** because there goes my trunk!

What kind of amp do you guys recommend for my speakers?

yes i have the deck brand new with a full 1 year warranty.i sell alot a car audio equipment ,so if you are looking for something specific just hit me up.i can help you out with everything you need ,just ask. as far as amp id go with one just a little more power than what your speakers will take rms .i can recommend one but i need a budget to get you the right one .i'll be in the tulsa area in a month and a half ,would love to see some of your guys systems in the mid west .i'll be there for 5 days visiting relatives in pryor.

I had an 08 Accord Coupe before I got my current car and loved it. Nice cars. I had a Pioneer double din dvd deck. I think it was a AVH3300. If you use an iPod they are great cause the interfaces for them are easy to use and responsive. Plus that deck looked great in the accord. Gave it a nice stock look.

You will want to use a LOT of deadener in it though. Once you get the sub in you will be amazed at how much that car rattles. Buy some extra because over time things will loosen up in it with the pounding and you will develop new rattles. Spend extra time on the doors and the rear lid. I also used some clear silicon in the dash cause it will rattle pretty good also. But once you get everything in it is a great sounding car. I was running 2 JL W3's 10" in mine on a Kicker ZX750 and would drop the rear seat when riding without the kids and it sounded really good

mylows10 youre gonna be in Tulsa! Thats awesome! For the speaker amp my budget is $500. If you have something suitable in my budget maybe you could bring it with you when you come? I plan on installing everything around June/July so I want to get everything ordered little by little so I dont break the bank! Let me know when youre coming into town to see if ill be free.

Yeah I love my Accord! I had an 03 Altima and it died on me but I loved that car too haha my Accord already rattles from the "premium" sound system so I know for sure the whole car is going to rattle with a real sub. I hate the rattle from the rear deck. I put a wash clother inbetween the rear deck and window where the brake light is and no rattles unless i turn the volume up real loud. Luckily I have 5% tint all around so you cant see the wash cloth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I want to put my deck where the CD player is in my car which is under the navi nob. So I can hook it up where I can still use my navi and all my dash buttons and the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.