New to car audio and need recomendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

lgnbarnard
10+ year member

Texas
Hi,

I drive a chevy silverado '07 crew cab and need help. I am looking for one 10" sub with good quality and good enough bang. I have the bose audio upgrade and don't want to over-run the audio with just bass and don't want loss of quality. I have been looking at the CompVT | KICKER shallow mount 10" and the box 07 & Up New Body Style GM Crew Cab Single Downfire Box. Although i ran into Kicker 10TCVT102 Sealed truck enclosure with one 10" CompVT subwoofer at Crutchfield.com and I'm not sure how that would fit in my truck or the quality of it as well. Also, I need help finding an amp, I was recommended a mono JR audio 500 watt amp but I have no idea where to start finding that and a good price. I need to know what else I have to buy as well, such as a wiring kit and what kind. And on a final note I need help finding a good place to install. I heard Fry's is a good place but I'm not positive.

Thank you for any help and taking the time to read my post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

edit: I am also confused on where the Kicker 10TCVT102 fits in my truck, does it go under the seats in the same spot as the custom box?

Hi,I drive a chevy silverado '07 crew cab and need help. I am looking for one 10" sub with good quality and good enough bang. I have the bose audio upgrade and don't want to over-run the audio with just bass and don't want loss of quality. I have been looking at the CompVT | KICKER shallow mount 10" and the box 07 & Up New Body Style GM Crew Cab Single Downfire Box. Although i ran into Kicker 10TCVT102 Sealed truck enclosure with one 10" CompVT subwoofer at Crutchfield.com and I'm not sure how that would fit in my truck or the quality of it as well. Also, I need help finding an amp, I was recommended a mono JR audio 500 watt amp but I have no idea where to start finding that and a good price. I need to know what else I have to buy as well, such as a wiring kit and what kind. And on a final note I need help finding a good place to install. I heard Fry's is a good place but I'm not positive.

Thank you for any help and taking the time to read my post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

edit: I am also confused on where the Kicker 10TCVT102 fits in my truck, does it go under the seats in the same spot as the custom box?

Sounds familiar!

I was looking at doing similar stuff back in late November, but decided to put off doing anything for a bit and spend my time here, and elsewhere, reading/researching.

Sure glad I did....you can do a lot better than a prefab box and Kicker CompVT's...and for the same price, or even less.

There are much better subs for going sealed (Dayton HO's just as one example), and I would suggest a 12" or even a couple 8s for a crew cab truck. The right 10" will be okay, but you aren't going to get very loud with it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.