New sundown sa-12 rev.3 today interesting pics is this used????

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
little concerned we got our new sundown today ordered from woofers etc and this is what we got a single box not double on piece of foam opened bag and a sub with a ton of markings on it anyone else ever see anything like this have you experienced this? maybe just from testing this happened or does this look sketchy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since its sundown everyone will probably have some kind of excuse for them.

If it was skar or 1 of the less popular companies, they were probably trying to scam you.

Who knows, they could've messed around with it at the woofersect. office or something

It doesn't look bad, but I understand you're upset because you payed for a brand new product

woofers just replied and stated that;s how sundown subs are scuffed from testing them! who else am I suppose to order from where I know I can get a new stock not this crap from nobody in my area not even within 6 hours sells sundown.

here is their message:

Hi

Sundown subs have from time to time been known to have scuffs and imperfections since Sundown is more concerned about performance and output when they do quality control rather than tiny blemishes on the basket or magnet which is not seen when put in enclosures.

I have bought sundown yard sale stuff that looked better. I would try to contact sundown direct and she if they deem this as acceptable condition.

I have bought sundown yard sale stuff that looked better. I would try to contact sundown direct and she if they deem this as acceptable condition.
I did I sent them a ton of pics waiting to hear back. In person it seems to be just to damaged to be normal but maybe that's just how sundown is idk if when they test them maybe they really do get this damaged I have no idea hopefully sundown will take care of this for me. Ive always heard they have good customer service so we shall see...............

woofers just replied and stated that;s how sundown subs are scuffed from testing them! who else am I suppose to order from where I know I can get a new stock not this crap from nobody in my area not even within 6 hours sells sundown.

here is their message:

Hi

Sundown subs have from time to time been known to have scuffs and imperfections since Sundown is more concerned about performance and output when they do quality control rather than tiny blemishes on the basket or magnet which is not seen when put in enclosures.
Tell them you are going to invert the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Wow that's bs. I've ordered from that place a few times. In fact one of the items was a sa8v.2 and it was in perfect condition.

Scuffs and crap like said in email is complete bs. Let's get Jacobs opinion on this... @sundownz

here is their message:

Hi

Complete and utter BS. However I dont see you getting much out of this other than some discounts in the future or something. They sure as hell wont pay for return shipping.

so woofers sent me two messages I saved stating its all sundowns fault. after waiting all day for sundown to talk to woofers sundown finally offered for me to file a return rma form out which takes 3-5 days then the process would continue from there. it wasn't Jacob though. It was a gift for someone and they said since they aren't inverting they will deal with it but I re read the listing and woofers has it listed as *A* stock and also early in the morning sundown said it should have been double boxed foam packed and bagged, then later in the day they sent me another email that said they no longer double box? SEEMED SKETCHY at the end of the day in my opinion both companies handled it poorly especially woofers. (i appreciate that after a lot of back and forth and tons of emails and more and more pictures I had to keep sending sundown finally decided to take care of it but with everything I presented they should have taken faster and more aggressive action and they need to hold woofers accountable to it just looks bad on sundown no matter who the culprit is here. ***** because even I have become a sundown fan and when I first had one I hated it and started a why I hate my sundown now I love them and we get this happening. Never again will I go near WOOFERS that's for sure.To me it doesnt matter whos at fault im the customer and thats a sad sad way to recieve a new item from a authorized dealer then the back and forth merry go round I was put through just sad and embarrassing as a gift if you guys woulds seen this thing it was clearly used and not even packed inside the box what a joke sundown needs to re consider who is a dealer for them. here is what I was sent by both companies..............................

WOOFERS : We just got the Rev 3 SA subs recently and have not had a single return or open box for sale so the sub should certainly be 100% brand new. When we get orders we pull them off the pallet we got them on direct from Sundown and ship them out. Do you want to run this by ***** at Sundown and see what he says and take it from that point? Again the sub should be 100% brand new but SCUFFS AND IMPERFECTIONS ARE COMMON WITH SUNDOWN SUBS.

SUNDOWN: EARLY MORNING,Yes please send me some pictures of everything. That is not characteristic of our shipping boxes.

LATER IN THE DAY AFTER THEY TALKED TO WOOFERS,The SA’s are not double boxed unless someone buys two of them Now this does not explain the fact that your woofer is scuffed up bad. We can replace your woofer no problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.