New Sub ?

Play it like you stole it. If the suspension is stiff, it's gonna loosen up regardless of what you do.

The home audio snobs say to play something like pink noise through new drivers for 24 hours at low volume in order to "break" them in. I did this once when I owned a home theater store. I built a new theater in my house and I took one of my Jamo L/R speakers and "broke" that loudspeaker in "properly". Of course, I didn't break the other one in.

I marked the speakers accordingly and then commenced with use. There was never an audible difference between the two in any respect whatever. And, they are both still doing fine in a friend's setup.

You can do as you wish but frankly, breaking in speakers is like any other ritual. It accomplishes nothing but if it makes you feel better and doesn't hurt anyone else, go for it. ;-)

Haha, I guess it is just a matter of your own feel-good preference.. I'll probably play 5 or 10 songs at a lower volume and see how she does for the first time after setting everything up, and then if all goes well - bump er' hard!

Most companies suggest a week or two of break in time reason being that after the sub breaks in the ts parameters may change especially on the bigger more power subs I usually take it easy for a couple of weeks first. But I have in the past reconed a sub dropped it in my box drove to LA. 4 hour drive and burped a 151 right after. So it's not written in stone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.