New sub bottoming out in box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hyrolincstmz
10+ year member

I am fitting two 12's (W3's) under my back seat in an ext cab chevy and am opting to not modify the seat. Whats the closest i can have the bottom of the sub (magenets) to the base of the box without effecting sound quality (oh and sealed box that needs 1.25 cu ft per sub)

I usually leave at least 1" of free airspace between the motor and the box. So Say I have a sub with 7 3/4" mounting depth, I go for an 8 3/4-9" deep box (inner dimensions), at least.

Totally appreciate your guys help. . . As for "captain 8" youurrr a dumb ***, we all know what bottoming out really means doesnt mean the phrase cant be used for other instances retard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.