New speakers distorting

B15_dj

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently installed new skar tx65 speakers into my car along with a new radio. It seems when the bass hits in a song, the speakers will begin crackling.

I double checked my connections since they are crimped, and they were still holding well. What could be the issue?

I recently installed new skar tx65 speakers into my car along with a new radio. It seems when the bass hits in a song, the speakers will begin crackling.

I double checked my connections since they are crimped, and they were still holding well. What could be the issue?
What frequency do you have the speakers crossed over at?

I have my speakers set to 250 hz and my eub woofer set to 200. Previously they were at 100. The adjustment did help but the crackling sound is still there in higher volumes
250 hz? Wow. And still cracking? Do you have the positive/negative wires crossed up possibly?
So your speakers are running off h/u power, no amp?

250 hz? Wow. And still cracking? Do you have the positive/negative wires crossed up possibly?
So your speakers are running off h/u power, no amp?
My speakers are running off of my h/u, yes. Could it be possible my h/u doesnt give off enough power for the speakers?

Those things aren't very good to begin with and you are clipping them to **** running them off a head unit.
Its what i had to do in my situation. I have a second kenwood head unit i could install, or i could just hook the speakers up to my amplifier. My only problem with the amp, is it is only a 2 channel. 1 channel is being taken up by my rear speakers, and the other by my sub woofer

You can place some bass blockers on the Positive side of the 6.5 speakers to keep cost down. Search for 6.5" Speaker Bass Blockers. Approx $10-20 bucks

if they are new speakers, give them time to break in so usually two weeks at low to mid levels until the parts loosen up. Any speaker new may have similar issue but you just cannot run speakers straight off the box, just like if you buy a new Shelby, off the dealer, you have to give the engine time to break in before you take it to a circuit to see what it can really do. Secondly, I would recommend using an external amplifier as the head unit power is only made to be cranked occasionally and usually a power chip that runs as an amplifier. Give it a week or two and see if the issue still remains other wise go back for a replacement set.

How do you have the eq in the hu set? If you have a bunch of bass in the eq, that could cause your problem. Especially if you are using the loudness and Dbass settings as well.
start with the eq flat, no Dbass or loudness. Crossover at 100 or 120. See if your problem is still there.

Its what i had to do in my situation. I have a second kenwood head unit i could install, or i could just hook the speakers up to my amplifier. My only problem with the amp, is it is only a 2 channel. 1 channel is being taken up by my rear speakers, and the other by my sub woofer

So you have your rear speakers hooked up to one channel and a sub to the other on a 2 channel amp?

So you have your rear speakers hooked up to one channel and a sub to the other on a 2 channel amp?
I have a very vague understanding of what a "channel" is, but to my understanding yes, i have both if my rear speakers bridged into one channel and my sub woofer into the other

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...