New Setup ...Need your Advice..I am new

wsudu

Ok...So I get this Acura Legend and I want a kick ass stereo for it. I get a z828 excelon head unit for it and 2 kappa 4" for up front with 2 kappa 6x9"s for the back. I just ordered 2 Kappa 12.1 perfects SVC's and (just like they suggested) but it in a sealed 1cf box.....I eventually want a JBL 1200.1 amp for them cause everyone says thats a great amp for them, but not yet. Heres the question.......I have a left over Kenwood KAC -728s amp. It says its 600watts and it stereo. So if I bridge it, how many watts per sub...Is this ok....I read a 2 page argument about clipping and underpowering subs, so I want to be ok for the time being....Do I fill the box with Poly Fill?..if so why....Give me some tips.....Will I need a cap later with that JBL????

Last can I take that kenwood amp and run the 4's and 6x9's later? How..

YOU CAN SEE I NEED YOUR HELP....THANKS IN ADVANCE

I don't know anything about the KAC-728s, but I looked up the KAC-729s, which should be an earlier/later model of the same amp. Its 100 x 2 @ 4 Ohms. They claim its 150 x 2 @ 2 Ohms and 300 x 1 bridged. I wouldn't run that to my subs, but wouldn't hesitate to run it to my mids and highs. But then your talking about splitting a 2 channel amp into 4 channels, and I'm not sure about how to do that.

The thing about caps is listening to your system first. Get everything installed and let her rip. Only then can you truely know whether you need more power or not.

I don't know what power your subs will take, but I currently have the Kenwood 729S hooked up to a 10" JL Audio 10W3 and it thumps just fine. The guys at Myer-Emco recommended the 10W3 sub, and it sounds great in my car, not underpowered at all... btw: the 729S amp hits 300 RMS, 600 peak, which I think is fine for most under $200 subs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it at least works with my 10W3 nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.