New Setup- Crescendo, Alpine

You think a 15 is "LOUDER" then a 12? ..... I was just stating why i dont run 15" subs, but he still needs a ported box.
Physics told me so. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

The size of your sub is not the only factor in how "loud" your subwoofer is..... common sense told me so.
Omg no waiii!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

its a small trunk hence the sealed but if i go a different route, say one 12 ported type r, what amp should i get?

Stock hu and stock speakers. going sealed because ported wont fit. box will be custom fit. i havent bought the items yet. I will pull the trigger soon, thanks for the feedback
For the reason you state you want sealed, you need to use 1 12" sub, or 2 10" subs ported. another suggestion is, when you can, you need to take 1 sub in a small enclosure and try different positions, sub back, sub forward, corner loaded, etc. to find what positioning is the best for your car. Cancellations can be a ***** after you spend a ton of dough and install a custom box...especially if you install for looks instead of performance. Sub/port placement in the vehicle is the primary concern, if you want the most out of whatever you get. Just having the box loaded the wrong way can cost you 10+ db in output. In other words, 500 watts on the right set up can possibly out perform 2000 watts on the wrong set up.

im having a professional install my unit. should i still go with the crescendo for $370 and just get two 10s ported?? The installer said it will be a smaller ported. please help. looking to buy it by this weekend!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.