Need new 6x9s or convert the 6x9 mount to something different

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have new mids and highs along with a 4 channel amp coming in. The car has 6 speakers total, 4 6.5s and 2 6x9s in the rear deck. Its a stock Bose right now, and i'm installed 2 sets of Hertz hks 165 components and ill be driving them with a Hertz EP4. (taking out the Bose amp) but I dont want to leave the Bose 6x9s in.. I need suggestions on good 6x9s that will complement the hks165s or should I just mod the rear deck and put in 8" woofers? (something low power, SD2s when the come out)

With 2 sets of components you only need to add bass. You can get good 6x9 subwoofers that will sound great in the stock locations..
What brand do you think for the 6x9 woofers? Iv never purchased 6x9 subs :\ I see RF makes some, but I kind of hate going main stream, IA also makes 6x9 coaxials but that might sound weird :|

The HCX 690s look alright, but they are coax, the 4 tweeters are going in my pillers, so it "could" give the rear some vocal fill. But I have this horrible feeling its going to be a little of timed and sound retarded up front

Parts Express sells some 6x9 subs. i've installed the larger versions in place of Bose 6x9's in a 1990 DeVille.

the build on that is located here:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&topic=190697&gonew=1

cliffs: I laminated two 2x4's to get a thick enough baffle to clear the torsion bars in the trunk, and meet up with factory grill.

caddy6x9sub019.jpg

caddy6x9sub035.jpg

caddy6x9sub038.jpg

caddy6x9sub053.jpg

caddy6x9sub040.jpg

or should I just mod the rear deck and put in 8" woofers? (something low power, SD2s when the come out)
I believe the 6x9 and 8 inch woofer should have about the same amount of cone area. However, the choice of 8 inch subwoofers is much better than for 6x9. The tang band 6x9 subwoofer sold by parts is the only one I have heard about that you can buy new right now.

CDT Audio has a 3 models of 6x9 subwoofers. The top model, the ES-0690 subs, recently got a stellar review: Unbelievable 6x9 Subwoofer. I've seen comments now and then from people who've used the HD line 6x9 subwoofers also who seemed to like them. These do seem to be the only car audio branded 6x9 subwoofers on the market right now.

Vibe Audio has a 6x9 component set, QB69, that can be separated for use as a subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.