New Set-Up What do you think

mikecella
10+ year member

KCMO
Thought I would post what my set-up. Before "flaming" me please keep in mind I am new to car audio.

Subs- 2 12" Kenwoods 400watts max rms 1200watts peak

AMP- PYLE PLA2378 2 Channel 2000 (will be replacing my chepo sony xplod amp when it gets here in the mail)

Cap- Monster Cable DigiCap

Head Unit- Sony Xplod CDX-GT24W

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0211.jpg

I will post a video as soon as it gets done uploading.

Feel free to post your thought

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to post your thought, but PLEASE dont FLAME me
I think you shouldn't ask to not be flamed regardless of the reason as you more than likely be flamed for doing so.

Lose the cap, otherwise... as long as you're happy with it. Good.

also, replacing the sony with a pyle isn't what i'd consider an upgrade in any sense.

edit: may want to upgrade your power wire size as well and clean up the wire sticking out from the terminals on the amp, don't want your + and - touching.

When i dont have the cap installed my lights on the car dim to nothing, when I have it installed they don't. Ive been working on the wiring slowly. What gage wire would you say to use?

Anyways thanks for the tips

When i dont have the cap installed my lights on the car dim to nothing, when I have it installed they don't. Ive been working on the wiring slowly. What gage wire would you say to use?
Anyways thanks for the tips
for wiring - biggest your amp you plan to use will take and instead of the cap, buy another battery like a kinetik hc600 or hc800 or bigger, all the cap is going to do in the long run is add something else the alt will have to charge. it's like putting a bandaid over a 6" gash across your chest. it won't work for very long lol.

kenwood subs = very low end but... if that's what you like great.

prefab box = very low end....

10 gauge power and ground with copper hanging out = extremely poor installation

pyle amp = VERY VERY low end

sony head unit = usually not junk. Probably the best part of your stereo. Still not that great.

I'd say out of a 10 with 10 being the best you are down around 1. You asked for our opinion and I'm giving you mine. You have a lot of room for improvement. It's good to see you enjoy this hobby. Stick around and learn. Lots of improvement can be done to your system with very little expenditure. (new enclosure, upgraded wiring, etc) Then once you get the money you can improve your subs, amp, etc (and probably yet another enclosure).

kenwood subs = very low end but... if that's what you like great.prefab box = very low end....

10 gauge power and ground with copper hanging out = extremely poor installation

pyle amp = VERY VERY low end

sony head unit = usually not junk. Probably the best part of your stereo. Still not that great.

I'd say out of a 10 with 10 being the best you are down around 1. You asked for our opinion and I'm giving you mine. You have a lot of room for improvement. It's good to see you enjoy this hobby. Stick around and learn. Lots of improvement can be done to your system with very little expenditure. (new enclosure, upgraded wiring, etc) Then once you get the money you can improve your subs, amp, etc (and probably yet another enclosure).
summed it up pretty well, I thought much the same but didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. as he suggested though, upgrade one part at a time when your wallet allows.

I decided to circle some of the "WTF" areas of your install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

1. Using that dinky ass drywall screw at a 45 degree angle is NOT the proper way to mount an amp.

2 & 3. You need to do some major overhauling on your wire terminations. There shouldn't be crazy strands of wire going in every direction, especially on that power wire. If one of those strands happens to make contact with your ground wire your going to be in a world of hurt. Also what's up with the electrical tape?

4. That big bundle of wire zip tied together makes for a really shitty looking install.

Also, upgrading from Sony to Pyle? lol

66882764.jpg

run at least 4 gauge to the back,1/0 preferred.
I really hope your kidding. It's obvious this kid isn't running a **** load of power here, using 1/0 is more than overkill here, it's just plain unnecessary and will just waste money.

These guys are goign to flame you. not because of the equipment but because of the install. a big three and 4g wire to the back will fix your dimming problems probably. its not very expensive either. pm and ill give you the run down. caps just heat up your alt more not to mention the wire going to the cap isnt big enough.

Also what the hell is up with the wires running in/out of what I assume is the port on your enclosure?

Seriously, the equipment in this install is probably a 3/10, you could do worse, but the actual install itself is a 0/10.

congratz on coming to the car audio scene, I'm on my first system as well, I don't think your 1st system is all that bad, the only thing that makes me say "WTF! :wow:" is the install, just try to clean it up a bit bro

These guys are goign to flame you. not because of the equipment but because of the install. a big three and 4g wire to the back will fix your dimming problems probably. its not very expensive either. pm and ill give you the run down. caps just heat up your alt more not to mention the wire going to the cap isnt big enough.
To me I dont think they are flaming me. they are trying to help me. Flaming would be WTF man your system is ****

In regards to my stuff being low end, I for one konew it is but it was all free. you cant ***** when you get a system for free.

i dont have a lot of money to work with lets just leave it at I work a McDonalds.

If you have a second battery for you system how does it get charged, remember im new to car audio.

I spent sometime fixing the things bubbagumper6 pointed out let me know what you think.

100_0219.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0218.jpg

Im still working on it all I will keep posting pics.

Also I have a old Kicker ZR-600 (better or worse)

I just need to find a crossover card for it

if you dont have enough money to buy anything else then its ok i guess. but if you have a job then this isnt that good man, pyle ***** real bad and the kenwood subs arent that great either. just tellin my opinion. good job if ur broke though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.