New Problem (from what I've gathered here)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gussolian

I bought a new car and had a new shop install my JL 500/1 (v1 I think) powering 2 JL w3's in the H.O. wedge box. I was excited!

That was a few hours ago. I also let them put a break in the power chain with a 2 Farad Cap from Tsunami in there.

The cap seems to have crapped out. I didn't monitor it but it seemed to suddenly die. When I checked it out after the install it was reading 12.4V and now the voltmeter display is dead and half the lights that were running down the side are dead as well. The subs seem to be getting about 1/10th of the power I'm used to (maybe less.)

My first instinct is to toss the cap and run the power straight to the amp but I'd like to know what might have happened. (installer never charged the cap? cap was defective? etc..) Thanks

Staying out of the cap debate, I'll simply say you bought the cap, presumably from the shop, dont just throw that money in the garbage can. Take your car back to the shop immediately (as in yesterday at this point). I honestly cant believe that wasn't your first instinct, instead of having to ask us what to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.