new pioneer avic-n1 vs older 9400mp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have no "Owner experience" with it, but I do like that new DEH-9600..or actually the 960MP...it has 6.5V pre-outs..I never understood why so many people play the importance of Pre-amp voltage down (it's usually people with cheaper models with 2 or 4 volts who swear it doesn't matter) but I am a big believer..If you have some nice component speakers over $250 or a designer amp like Arc Audio, Memphis belle etc..The Pre-amp voltage "IS" noticeable in clarity and cleaness! And the Premier series of Pioneers have insane output voltage..the 9400 has 6 Volts standard

yea im kinda stuck between the 9400 and saving up for like the 7500 with the screen and i can add dvd navigation which i wanna do or i also like the alpine cda-7998 i just like it cuz it sux into the player and has the double sized face plate. but i probbly wont get the the alpine. so im stuck with the 9400 or saving up for the 75 so i can add the navigation and i like the screen. but ill have like 3 screens in my car then. Decisions decisions.....

A. If you buy the 7500 and add navi later, you are looking at tons more money than if you bought the avic-n1.

B. The 7500 does not come with a TV tuner.

C. The avic will do everything that the 7500 will do, except that the 7500 has built in 5.1

D. The avic has built in navi over the 7500.

E. You can add 5.1 to the avic with an external processor.

F. Just thought i would add that the avic is an awesome unit of which i know quite a bit about. I have one on order through pioneer employee accomodation. It will be in about three weeks.

G. Also, the avic can use voice command for audio/video and navi functions.

i dont own one but ive played around with the 9600, avic, 8600, and a bunch of other pioneers....firstly i would like to say that i think the avic kick ass....beautiful touchscreen, however i have heard a few people ocmplain about its 'low' brightness in many conditions. the 9600 (imo) is not worth the money when the 8600 is cheaper (not by that much but still) and in my opinion has a much quicker user-interface because of the new rotary/5directional right selector knob....you can adjust pretty much everything without takin your fingers off that knob, i put one in a jetta and got a chance to play with it for 20mins or so.... not to mention the screen on the 8600 is the same as the 9600 and the software they have in common is exactly the same......im planning on gettin the 860mp....get that pro-switch **** with fully adjustable (slopes too) 3way x/o......should have it by the end of the week...

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.