New install, speakers too loud

I'll have to give that a try this weekend. Could I just strip the + and - speaker wires, twist them together and attach and RCA plug to them to attach to the head unit?

no. positive to RCA center pin. negative to RCA shield. for each speaker output. start with just the fronts and use your fader to compare.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

couldn't he just wire in a voltage regulator before the amp? i would think this would be the easiest possible solution and the easiest to reverse should he ever need to go back to stock. i may be a ******* though.
no. a voltage regulator is not a signal-level device. you may be using the wrong term - maybe you think of a LOC? a LOC would work.

no. positive to RCA center pin. negative to RCA shield. for each speaker output. start with just the fronts and use your fader to compare. 

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

no. a voltage regulator is not a signal-level device. you may be using the wrong term - maybe you think of a LOC? a LOC would work.
So like this?

XbM1L.jpg

nope, the opposite of that picture. the wire with insulation is center pin positive (+). the copper shield wrapped around it is shield negative (-)

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

note that this is only used to feed the low level input on a factory amp. you cannot drive speakers directly and you have to take great care not to cause a short circuit.

nope, the opposite of that picture. the wire with insulation is center pin positive (+). the copper shield wrapped around it is shield negative (-) 

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

note that this is only used to feed the low level input on a factory amp. you cannot drive speakers directly and you have to take great care not to cause a short circuit.
Okay thanks. And I don't have to change anything then because I plan on using the amp.

Well I did it and it sounds a lot better. When I was just testing the front speakers, before I faded all the way to the front I could tell the the rear speakers were SIGNIFICANTLY louder so using the RCA cables really did the trick. There is so much more bass now.

I stepped out of my car to look at the subwoofers hitting in the trunk and I noticed my car is about sound proof. It was so loud inside the car and the subwoofers used to literally rattle and shake my 2006 Malibu but outside of the Lacrosse nothing rattles and I can barley hear the music at all, the license plate doesn't even move.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skatingrocker17

10+ year member
skatingrocker17
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from