dash lights dim at idle not while driving and bass clips only on certain songs

Participant count
  • Participant list

06Sentra
10+ year member

Brooklyn
when everything was first installed no issues,nothing has changed since install,

both batteries and alternator have been load tested and passed, low voltage light on amp

does not light up and no amp gets hot and does not go into protect when clipping. all wires are 4

gauge and bigger and have big three upgrade. what could be causing this?

You need to figure out what's changed. Put a DMM directly on the alternator output wire and its case. If the voltage dips the same as your lights then either the battery or alt are weak.

Thanks,When driving the lights not longer dim but the bass still clips. Both batteries with car off are at 12.5v and with the car off and head light and fog lights on both battles go to 12.3v. With te car on the voltage at both batteries is 14.4 and with the system on the voltage doesn't drop past 13.23v. when I put the DMM on the atl it should stay the same voltage no matter what or will it dip a little? If the voltage does dip how much dip is normal and what is to much?

2-3 years old But I don't know the amperage of the alt. Tomorrow I'm going to check the resistance of the subs when they clip, maybe a sub is damaged and it's resistance is dropping to low, with the car and system off the resistance is 4ohms but maybe at hire volume it drops.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

06Sentra

10+ year member
06Sentra
Brooklyn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from