New Install Minor Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
So yesterday I installed a Navihouse 6.2" navigation unit into my, 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Install went fine. The issue I'm having is.

1. The speaker volume is high. Even at 1.

2. The GPS voice is very low.

Below is a pic of the unit. Thanks.
36a096150d0d5885ee320409c83e8a56.jpg
d753c2dcf7e17d2274a64eab28f877f5.png

Not a lot of information to go off of here...

Do you have this connected to an amplifier, or is it a stand alone unit? If it's a stand alone unit, then I don't know where to start. If it's connected to an amp, simply turn the gain down on the amp. I'd turn the gain all the way down, and then turn the head unit up to normal listening level, and then start advancing the gain. You don't want it coming in too loud at the early levels.

On the navigation voice, there should be an option to increase the voice by itself, may have to read the manual or play around a little bit in order to find it.

There's no amplifier. These vehicles are equipped with a speed sensor. The faster you go. The radio gets louder. So I'm not sure if that's where the issue lyes. Basically I pulled out the stock radio. Made the connections. And popped this one in. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 150cc Saga Deluxe

5,200kms and rising

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tycomike

tycomike
London, Ontario, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tycomike