Help needed with Headunit and system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Can anyone help? So I got a new sub (old one broke because my mother put boxes on top of it) So my dad went to put it in and we got nothing. So we cant figure that out. Plus while the car was turned on (not started) I accidently bumped the blue wire to the amp. It fell out and the wire smoked just a little bit but the headunit shut off. I turned the car off and put the blue wire back in and still nothing. We checked the 30a fuse under the hood and its fine. We cant figure out what is going on? I know barely anything when it comes to this stuff and my dad is trying to help me but we are stuck. Please help

Is there a fuse on the amp or behind the head unit? Something might have shorted and let the smoke out in the amp. Just a friendly tip; don't hook up electrical components with power applied! Always disconnect the battery for safety.

EDIT: also, does the head unit stay off? If so, check the fuse for the head unit in the fusebox as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. I did check the fuse in the fuse box and fuses on amp. I will have to see if there is a easy way to check fuse on headunit without pulling it out since Idk how to do any of that. The head unit gets no power at all so I'm wondering if that's what it is. But before the head unit stopped working when we took the old sub out and put the new one in it had different connectors for the speaker wires then my old sub did. My dad took care of that and we got nothing. I'm not sure what is going on with that? Any ideas? I think my amp is fine but is there a way to check it to be sure?

Thanks so much

No problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You need to check the fuse behind the head unit. If you have some extra wire laying about, you could test the amp straight off battery. The accessory wire runs at 12v, so for testing purposes ONLY, you can use a wire straight from the battery to the accessory connection on your amp. I recommend doing this only if you have verified the head unit fuse is not blown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even if you hooked the sub up with positive and negative reversed it should still play, as far as the h/u, what brand and model, also check to make sure rca's are still connected ect. if you power up the amp and plug your rca into a reducer and plug it in your aux jack in your phone you can test the sub that way.

I don't have any extra wire laying around. is there any more options? I'm having my dad help me with all this since he is knowledgable about stuff but car audio he is not to familiar with. But he knows more then me. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.