New guy here.

I just pulled the receipt, replaced it last year it is a 95 amp alt
Man, cars have come along way with electronics. The ladies soul has a cute lil alt, and that still pushes 120 amps. I got a 150 in my Optima like in the pic above. They are also cramming so many more bells and whistles in your everyday vehicles now.

I'd go with what fly_marlin said and upgrade your battery. I added a second battery to my system. Sustain power was fine, just the initial hit flickered my dome lights, the battery cleaned that all up and I'm consistently at 13.8V now, and I even get 1 MPG more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. My car came with a pretty nice OEM battery so I didn't wanna mess with that.

**** and I just got a new battery last month. Fricken truck is 15 years old and Ive replaced just about everything in it now. I have to keep her for a while longer so I may as well enjoy! Another thing I just noticed, my internals on my box are 1.2775607 to be exact lol. Alpine calls for Sealed box volume: 0.71-1.06 cu. ft.

**** and I just got a new battery last month. Fricken truck is 15 years old and Ive replaced just about everything in it now. I have to keep her for a while longer so I may as well enjoy! Another thing I just noticed, my internals on my box are 1.2775607 to be exact lol. Alpine calls for Sealed box volume: 0.71-1.06 cu. ft.
Ported FTW!

could or should I still port my box being that its a bit on the larger side for sealed?
Maybe, if you know the science. It much more complicated than just cutting a whole out. You gotta tune it too. Plus you get into labyrinth type ports which most will recommend. You'd be better off building a new one, it'd likely be easier too.

a round port tuned at 35hz which is recommended would be a 3 inch round at 9.97 or a 2.5 inch at 6.62 long
You could go that rout. Here is the design that was recommended to me for 1 10. I'm trying to find the tread that had multiple designs for all sorts of applications.

125cubes32hz21sqin4qf.png

There are advantages running sealed. Again, wait until you have a real amp. You may just like it. You get a flatter overall response and negligible group delay.
Buddy of mine refused to put ported boxes in his car. He is the same guy who misguided me all over the place with my build. I'm finally getting on the right track. Do you know the thread I'm thinking off? I thought it was in one of my past threads but I can't find it. It had a bunch of different box designs like the one I posted above. I'd like it for my own reference and I'm sure Polar could use it if he decides to go ported.

Buddy of mine refused to put ported boxes in his car. He is the same guy who misguided me all over the place with my build. I'm finally getting on the right track. Do you know the thread I'm thinking off? I thought it was in one of my past threads but I can't find it. It had a bunch of different box designs like the one I posted above. I'd like it for my own reference and I'm sure Polar could use it if he decides to go ported.
Don't remember off the top of my head. I love ported, can't live without low end, but I realize different people like different stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
Polar
WPB, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from