New guy here.

Don't remember off the top of my head. I love ported, can't live without low end, but I realize different people like different stuff.
I don't think he knew. I changed his tune a bit when he heard mine. He was like "those sound like 15s." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I know 10s sound better than 15s when in a proper box if the 15s aren't. I think this is the thread, but all the picture links are dead.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/137804-free-box-plans.html

be careful with those type S's, my friend had 2 hooked up stereo to a old school rockford punch 800.2, first month he popped a tiny hole, and the other day he blew one of them completly. They hit crazy though

Im more worried about frying them with the current amp I am using, pulled the trigger on the precision power.
That'll be bumping on a budget. Don't change anything until you install the new amp. Play around with it and listen a bit, see if you like it. Should play tighter and louder. If still lacking, then you can start thinking of a better ported box.

That'll be bumping on a budget. Don't change anything until you install the new amp. Play around with it and listen a bit, see if you like it. Should play tighter and louder. If still lacking, then you can start thinking of a better ported box.
i was gunna ask him, how do they hit in the sealed box?

update, precision power BA 2600.1 and BA 1000.4 delivered along with some Type R components I got a great deal on. New 4 gauge wire etc. Still want to port the box though lol.

I just took out an sws12d4, had it in a regular cab dodge ram 1500 in a lil over 2 cubic foot enclosure with a 6 inch round port... some interal most external. i have a few fittings to add to the port to tune to what i like and a few bends as well and i was running it on a PPI phantom 1000 watt monoblock at 2 ohms, so it was seeing close to 700 watts never had any trouble at all. and i clamped my phantom and it was doing almost 1100 watts!!! they are good amps especially for the size and price, but point being port those things and give them more than 500 watts they can handle it easy... if i were to guess i was doing around a 140 give or take with that single alpine sws12d4. i bought a memphis PR15D4V2 from a guy the day before i took it out and he commented saying that is louder than my 4 12's... which i though was funny really because with just cone area alone he should have been a lot louder....needless to say i didnt need it that long at any time i just did it for the low lows with authority its like having a bigger enclosure lol..and i only did this because folks said you cant get loud with a type s and i like a challenge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
1pjw43.jpg

is that a 4 inch port? I have the box space to add a port, just kinda afraid to. I think I will get the new amp tuned first and see how I like it before I go cutting holes in the box. BUT! I have a ton of 4 up to 8 inch PVC and fittings at my shop to play with!

no lol it is 6 inch haha nd fyi i would almost guarantee my PPI phantom 1000 wil do 1200 watts + some migt not believe it i would like someone to rn it on an amp dyno

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
Polar
WPB, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from