New guy...feedback on my system:

Hey whats up everybody I'm pretty new but I'm bout to put a system in my car and just wanderin what y'all think. I haven't got everything laid out yet but here most of it is:

H/U:

1. Alpine 9852-$161

Subs:

1. 1 Kicker 04S15L7-4 15"- $329 (I'm not looking to bust windows out or anything I just want a nice, clean, loud sound...and I've heard nothing but good reviews on the 15" Kicker L7'S...)

Box:

1. It may be I'm not looking in the right places online but I can't seem to find a box for a 15" L7...I have found boxes for 12" L7's but not 15's...if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out on this it would be much appreciated.

Amp:

1. Hifonics BXi 1206D- $265

New Speakers:

1. Kicker 05KS65- $69 per pair

This is it for the sound system right now, comments/suggestions?

EDIT: Just found a box...I think...

http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=40741&RefTag=froogle

Hey whats up everybody I'm pretty new but I'm bout to put a system in my car and just wanderin what y'all think. I haven't got everything laid out yet but here most of it is:
H/U:

1. Alpine 9852-$161

Subs:

1. 1 Kicker 04S15L7-4 15"- $329 (I'm not looking to bust windows out or anything I just want a nice, clean, loud sound...and I've heard nothing but good reviews on the 15" Kicker L7'S...)

Box:

1. It may be I'm not looking in the right places online but I can't seem to find a box for a 15" L7...I have found boxes for 12" L7's but not 15's...if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out on this it would be much appreciated.

Amp:

1. Hifonics BXi 1206D- $265

New Speakers:

1. Kicker 05KS65- $69 per pair

This is it for the sound system right now, comments/suggestions?

EDIT: Just found a box...I think...

http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=40741&RefTag=froogle
hope you didn't buy that l7 15" kicker yet, because you just got raped if you did.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic06s15l72&store=&catid=370 going there will save you at least 70 bux just on the subwoofer. everything else is more than likely cheaper as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

other than that, the idea behind the setup don't look too bad, but you'll more than likely have to have an enclosure built for that subwoofer.

hope you didn't buy that l7 15" kicker yet, because you just got raped if you did.http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic06s15l72&store=&catid=370 going there will save you at least 70 bux just on the subwoofer. everything else is more than likely cheaper as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

other than that, the idea behind the setup don't look too bad, but you'll more than likely have to have an enclosure built for that subwoofer.
Thanks for the responses I just got the first prices I looked at so I'll get some better prices...anybody got anything better I can do to it?

well what's your goal and budget? that would help
I don't really have a set budget, just I don't want to go waaay up in the thousands or anything...as I said my goal is just to have a nice,clean,loud sound, I don't want to bust any windows or anything. I have heard good things about the 15" L7's so I decided to go w/ that..

Helotaxi-Thanks man I will do that, I'm not all that smart about the 4 ohm and 2ohm stuff, anybody care to explain it right quick? Thanks...

I don't really have a set budget, just I don't want to go waaay up in the thousands or anything...as I said my goal is just to have a nice,clean,loud sound, I don't want to bust any windows or anything. I have heard good things about the 15" L7's so I decided to go w/ that..
Helotaxi-Thanks man I will do that, I'm not all that smart about the 4 ohm and 2ohm stuff, anybody care to explain it right quick? Thanks...
esentially, it gives you more wiring options, the differences between the 2 models are minimal. and any decent system can be had for under a grand, i paid roughly 800 for everything in my truck, including the wood and wiring, its all about finding the deals, and had i took more time before i bought my 12" cvr's, i woulda had more money right now to buy an amp to power the door speakers.

yes, just take your time and plan ahead. don't rush. ask questions

but like said before, u could get an 06 15 L7 for less than what u said for the 04

and as far as boxes for 15 L7s,... most of the ones you're gona find online will be way to small. have someone design u one, or build one for u would be the best way to go

but overall, setup looks good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ahsballa81

ahsballa81
Cartersville, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
LeofromtheH