New daily box for some Boston G5's

45s have been glued in:

25270874067_large.jpg

This might be the last shot of the inside you guys will get to see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Just put the V shaped board in the back of the box right behind the port already so people can stop wondering....lol.....dont know if i guessed it or not!!!!

The 3 pencil lines in the center on the backwall of the box kinda gave it away!!!!!! dang the secret is out.........lol
Aw crap you busted me haha.

So how much do you know about the V's behind the port?

I totally guessed on the gap and made it 4 1/4inches from the end of the port to the point of the V and I'm using 6inch pvc. I figured it would be ok to sort of choke off the opening. The design I was given called for 2 4in aeros mounted over/under like a double barrel shotgun.

The higher tuned ports will have allow more clearance between the port opening and V as obviously they will be shorter.

Seen it done before.....never really used it.....curious though on how it would do to build a small pyramid behind the port instead of a v.........be some compound cuts but i bet it would be cooler than the other side of the pillow.......that way it could direct air from all directions toward the port......mmmm.......i just wonder..build it then round the edges

Seen it done before.....never really used it.....curious though on how it would do to build a small pyramid behind the port instead of a v.........be some compound cuts but i bet it would be cooler than the other side of the pillow.......that way it could direct air from all directions toward the port......mmmm.......i just wonder..build it then round the edges
So you're saying mount a small pyramid on the back wall, so it would point toward the port? Interesting, never thought of that one.

I have thought of trying to put grooves into a round port, to give it a rifle effect.

Well you guys will be happy to know that I cancelled my order for the edead because its on backorder.

The ****** part is my trunk won't be airtight for the show on sunday, so I might not go.

I'm really pissed because I wasn't sent an email or called or given any kind of notice, I found out when I logged in to check the status of my order.

Finally got it all buttoned up and ready to go:

25270874070_large.jpg

25270874071_large.jpg

For those that have never seen a G5, this is what they look like:

25270874072_large.jpg

I have never seen a 12 this beefy with such a lightweight moving mass, 148.5g, but the sub as a whole weighs in around 30-35lbs.

They are supposed to be designed for sq, but they have no problem getting loud too.

link to literature about its features and construction: http://www.bostonacoustics.com/PDFs/newproduct/G5_lit.pdf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.